Wednesday, March 24, 2010

83/365 Snow Day

Like I mentioned yesterday we found out last night that today would be a snow day for the kids. I was actually excited about that.. except for the snow part haha!
When we woke up and went outside to shovel (and by we I mean Rich and the kids) I couldnt believe how nice it was. It was so odd to see our world covered in white and not to be freezing cold.. weird! But lovely that the snow was going to melt so quick!
Kaden and Madison ended up spending all day outside.. I mean from 8 to 5 outside. They came in for lunch but other than that I only saw them when I took Malia outside and of course when I was checking on them. It was so nice!!
BUT after all that time when I called them in for dinner.. they were sunburned.. how freaking weird is that! I know I know people who go skiing get sunburned but it never crossed my mind that on a snow day that I should put sunscreen on them. OOPS Poor Kaden is not feeling so hot and is quite red in the face.. and Maddie doesnt feel bad but definitely got some sun. Crappy parent award!
PUT they had so much fun so yeah! When I took Malia out we didnt even need coats and ended up spending well over an hour out until I had to force her inside.. which she wasnt to pleased about!


Eating snow!

They were so cute, they made paths and flags to mark things.. so much fun!


Holy snow batman!!

Sledding down the driveway






She was laughing the whole way.. until she saw me coming!

Just a little video of Malia enjoying the river running down the street from everything melting so fast and Maddie enjoying Kaden being her sled dog!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys had a great use of the snow day! What a great time! We needed it, that is for sure!

Becki said...

Wow!!! We were suppose to get snow and didn't get any, I think it sprinkled ... but it was dang cold yesterday! Looks like a fun day :)

tamiz said...

That looked like some great playing in snow. I guess I'm a little jealous. With the rivers in the street it will probably be melted in no time.

Sharon said...

I never would have thought of sunscreen.