Monday, February 22, 2010

53/365

I have a love hate relationship with Mondays. I wake up knowing that it is going to be such a busy day, and facing the weekends mess is always aggravating. But it always ends up being the day I accomplish the most!
Today I tackled Maddies bedroom. It has been out of control for about 2 months and I just kept hoping she would clean it the right way but it just wasn't happening so while the kids were in school I got it done! It took me most of the day, there were a few times I wanted to walk away and a lot of holding back some choice words every time I found a new spot she had found to "put things away!" So after many hours 2 bags of garbage, mostly paper from all of her beloved drawings I felt a huge sense of relief that it was done!! Now in a few months we will do it again Im sure!
So today I am thankful for a well accomplished Monday! I got her room done floors done and even all the laundry washed AND put away.. including all my delicates!! WOOHOO Then when the kids got home we cleaned up the basement which all of a sudden was a disaster after it being spotless just 2 weeks ago.
I just love these days that I can walk into any room and not feel the weight of the mess! Love a clean house!
So not a lot of time for pics but my house is clean!




3 comments:

Haley L said...

Maddie's eye looks so much better! Yeah. :)

tamiz said...

Ditto to Maddie's eye looking good. Somehow I got through the laundry yesterday too. I still have to iron though. I set up a plan for E and I to do their own laundry now too!

alison said...

I noticed Maddie's eye looking better too--yeah!!

You're brave for taking on her room...I dread doing K's b/c she does the same thing. She probably gets it from me though, I am a world class stasher.