Tuesday, February 2, 2010

33/365

I am so thankful for such good little eaters! Dinner isnt ever a real struggle in our home, I make it they eat it! Maddie is the most difficult of our eaters but even if its something she doesnt like or doesnt want to eat she will still eat it with minimal prompting!
Tonight we had peas.. not Maddies fav but for sure 1 of Malias! Malia had double helpings to start with.. I knew she would want them, after she finished hers.. which she ate before her chicken, she started pointing out other peas on our plates and saying mine peas mine peas.. so I gave her more, when I showed her there was more in the bag she hurried and I mean HURRIED and stuck her spoon in the bag and started shoveling more out on her plate. There she sat eating her peas for a long time, we started cleaning the kitchen only to look over to see her reaching across the table for the bag of peas, she then continued to eat the peas right out of the bag until I took them away.. afraid she would either make her self sick tonight or tomorrow! Im quite certain she is going to be quite the stinky baby tomorrow! But Im so glad she makes it so easy to feed her healthy!
Into the bag
While chewing she was saying yummy peas mmmmmm

I had to focus on her hand she had peas stuck to her hand.. to funny!
Maddie not so pleased but still eating!!

And this was the scene while I was cleaning!
And here is my awesome helper!!!
Of course I am so thankful for my helper!
I have been aware of the Movie Food Inc for a couple weeks.. I have been wanting to watch it and then have read other blogger friends talking about it and how it has or is changing the way they eat. Tonight I watched it and I have to say I was completely disgusted with what is allowed to happen to animals and vegetables and fruit. The things that we are putting in our own mouths.. even what we are considering "healthy" food is completely gross, the way they have manipulated our food is just gross and scary.. I feel guilty for putting this in my kids mouths.
I am going to try very hard to buy organic every thing. Tonight we went grocery shopping, and I left very frustrated, our local grocer doesn't have a very large organic supply and what they do carry is ridiculously priced. I'm considering making monthly trips to Whole Foods.
I am determined to change the way we eat in this house and help make my children healthier not just by what we are eating as in healthy but what we are eating as in not letting pesticides and ammonia filled meat into their bodies!
It will be a challenge but I know after we go that route it will become routine! Books and recipes are welcome!

3 comments:

tamiz said...

Malia ia a bad example! JK a good one but I know my kids wouldn't follow her. I don't think I want to know what that movie has to say I'm scared. Also, remind me to tell you the dream I had last night. It involves your fam and specifically Rich going to jail...fire, fire, fire! LOL

Haley L said...

I have started going to Sprouts cuz it's near Kaiya's gym and Longmont should be getting a Sunflower Mkt soon. Both have lots and lots of good organic stuff at reasonable prices (non-union employees).

Sharon said...

Way to go for watching the movie and posting about it! It was hard for us to shop at first, but we got it down pat now. Don't let it frustrate you. It will take some time, but you can do it!!!!!!! Oh, and can your son have a little chit chat with mine? Gene acts like it's the end of the world if I remind him to clear his plate and put it on the counter. : )