Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Whats in a name?

So I have had a couple questions about the name we have chosen. I have been withholding her name waitng for the right time to share but I will go ahead and share how we (or I really) came up with her name. So soon after we started the paper chase I had a dream, it was so real and so fantastic I knew it was another smack over the head letting me know we were doing the right thing. So I was dreaming and all I could see were these letters M A L I N A and I thought O thats nice but it didnt look right so my big white hand reached up and started rearranging the letters until it looked right. When I was done I knew it was my babies name. I felt it when I woke up right away and had to write it down so that I wouldnt forget but it hasnt left my mind since. I have never heard her name ever and after actually putting it on print I started seeing it all over it seems but we are sticking with it. There is another beautiful little girl also adopted and her name is the same and another family waiting intending on naming her the same and also a little girl in our ward and her name is the same. Owell I guess we can deal with sharing a name LOL. SOO Drum roll please........ Malia Lihn will be her name! I absolutely love it so dont try to tell me any negatives please keep them to yourself! I love it and I found out it is a Hawaiin name and I love that too. Lihn will be after my sister Becki but we are changing the spelling from Lynn to Lihn to make it traditional Vietnamese spelling. So there you go whats in a name??? My heart!

7 comments:

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

Hi there!!! I actually found you off a friends Blog. I think the name you have picked is beatiful. My husband and I have been talking recently about adopting. HE just got back from China and was talking about maybe adopting from there. Do you have any suggestions as to where to start?? We do have four other children but have felt so strongly about adopting. I hope you don't mind me being a little noisy, but when I saw Viet Nam adoption I wondered how things had gone for you. Thanks

Carli said...

Gorgeous name! Interesting story, but I know totally what you mean. I too got Peyton's name in a dream. I was told it was a girls name and how it was to be spelled. So vivid that you can't forget!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I love how you got her name. It makes it so special. I, too, got Ezra's name in a very special way and it made our journey to him so unique and I really felt like we were being guided to him from above.
I can't wait to meet little Malia!

KrisJ said...

Misty Jensen... Hey I dont mind at all Im happy to share! I would research adoption agencies first and if you are serious get your home study started right away. We used Adoption Alliance in Colorado and we are using ADOPPT for the Vietnam part. We have been really happy with both and both came highly recommended. I have fallen in love with Vietnam they dont have as many restrictions as other countries and the cost is a lot but comparable to others. Vietnam is also pretty fast right now. Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions! -Kris

Anonymous said...

Who the F cares what anyone else thinks about what YOU and YOUR FAMILY have chosen for YOUR baby's name??!! It's a gorgeous name, and it's going to fit your little "rent to own" perfectly. Go with it, share it with the world and don't be afraid to own it! Love ya!

Erica said...

You know the Lord has a way of letting us know we are to with our lives, and I think that a dream like that is pretty dang awesome. She is waiting for you as much as you are waiting for her.

LaLa said...

Hey...thanks for commenting on our blog. As you know, we are naming our daughter Malia as well. We also thought of Malina ... we arrived at the name b/c my middle name is Melinda and it was a variation of that : )