Thursday, October 11, 2007

Speaking the Language

Ok so Im not talking about speaking Vietnamese, that is not going to happen I spent 3 years in Spanish and never learned more than a couple words, not all nice!! Im talking about the adoption language the big words everyone talks about like everyone else should know but I have no idea. I feel like Im getting a handle on most if it now but there are some BIG words that have a LOT of work attached to them. 1600A form ok I was asked if I had sent it in, I had no idea what it was. It is the form you send in to the government to get a file started for you to help approve you for adoption (I think). Ok then there is Dossier which I would spell dosea if I hadnt read about it LOL. A dossier is a collection of paperwork that will be sent over to the country of your choosing for approval for you adoption. We have to compile the following:
Home Study not older than 6
Health Certificate not older than
Income Statement from employer
Police clearance (we had our fingerprints done and who knows how long until we get that back)
Marriage license
Ten passport photos
Picture page of passports for both spouses
Vietnamese application
Power of attornery for non-traveling spouse (if needed)
Letter of approval to adopt a child fromthe BSIC (also waiting on fingerprints from them)
All of these have to have a notary and then have to be sent to the Sec of State from which the document originated from to get some special seal. And all not older than 6 months.
There is a 171H something or other and then just so many words I read about and think OK Im not sure I can do this without totally messing it all up. Its scary stuff and I know it will be worth it but I really feel like I need someone holding my hand with every form I even catch myself checking the spelling on my own name and making sure ok yes this is my birthday right? Im sure the peeing in a cup is coming up too, always a good time!

0 comments: