Saturday, October 20, 2007

tourist

Ive never really traveled anywhere, and so I am so excited (and so very scared) to get to do some major traveling. Ive always thought eventually I would go to Hawaii or maybe Florida but Im leaping right over that and going to Viet Nam. I am so excited to be able to take in as much of my daughters culture that I can. I wont be able to try a lot of the food but Im hoping to try a little (I will steal bites from Rich) Im so excited to here the noise and smell the smells and meet the people. I have read a lot about how kind the people are and to expect them to help me with the baby and eww and aww over her. I know that all of this will make me very nervous but Im really hoping to be able to take it all in and just enjoy. I want to take as many photos as my memory cards will allow. I really want to come home with as much as I can take! I cant wait to visit the silk stores and the pearl stores. Ive read about a some things other families have done for their children and Im hoping to do the same. One thing is to pick out age appropriate gifts for future birthdays and family days and holidays for her. How amazing will it be to have her open a gift when she is 18 or even getting married that we picked out for her when she was just a baby. Im hoping my nerves wont get the best of me and I will really be able to enjoy all Viet Nam has to offer our family, I cant wait to have this new culture in our lives!

0 comments: