Saturday, October 20, 2007

making it up with paint

So I have been a major brain fart lately... I have forgotten so many things its not even funny. Even if it makes its way on my Calendar I end up forgetting about it. Case in point last Tuesday Madison was supposed to go to the school after Kaden got out and stay and decorate a pumpkin with her teacher. Well I remembered it in the morning I even remembered at lunch time but at 4:15 sitting at the church activity I was reminded by Kaden that Madison missed the pumpkin painting and now it was well way to late. I felt horrible! Luckily she really had no idea about it and so she was oblivious to what her mother had done to her. So the next day I marched to the office explained that Im a slacker mom and they handed over her pre-paid pumpkin and a few things to decorate. So we went home later that day and we decorated that pumpkin and I have to say it was well worth missing it! It was so much fun watching her eyes light up while painting its little face and glueing on feathers and giving it a tail. So though I am feeling out of mind every second wondering umm what am I forgetting sometimes its nice to forget!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

So they say that when you are pregnant you forget stuff all the time- so enjoy the adoption pregnancy, and it's ok to forget things once in a while. Plus like you said the opportunity you had to spent quality and precious time with your little one will be a memory to last forever.

Jeff and Valerie said...

Glad to know I am not alone with being forgetful!

So how did you pick the name Malia? Just curious. Also, will you spell it M-a-l-i-a!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's not "slacker mom", it's "adoption mom!!!" My mom tried that excuse, too...however, she didn't have a friend (ME) to blame for forgetting the paint a pumpkin... Adoption is such a bigger than life journey. Give yourself a break. Take a drink....of water, eat a breadstick and breathe. Just remember what's at the end of the journey...a wonderfully perfect Vietnamese baby girl...case in point! :-) Love you all.