Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey and gravy and pie OH MY!!

I am as stuffed as the turkey was hehehe (sorry any vegetarians). We had a great day of lounging, puzzle making, food baking, and then food eating OH and then more food eating! We have for the second year in a row done Thanksgiving all by ourselves and I have to tell you, it is AWESOME! I love spending time with family but only having to make food we like and will eat and not have any family drama that which is always a sure thing; happen is so so nice! I hope to eventually have some more family Thanksgivings in the future with my sis but we had a really great time today!
The kids got to go play out in the snow for a little while until Maddies fingers were frozen. I realized I was pretty much on my feet all day cooking different things and I have to say that I was well organized in the timing of everything and ended up eating right when we planned! We then headed over to a friends for some desert, we took a couple of our pies and they had a couple to share with us. The kids ran around together and then we came home lounged a little more and put the kids to bed! I would like to mention what we all said we were thankful for during dinner... (family tradition)
Rich was thankful for the kids and I and all the blessings we have recieved this year!
I was thankful for the kids and Rich and really thankful for how open my kids and friends have been to us getting Malia! (Its so nice to have support and people be excited with you)
Kaden was thankful for Rich, me, Madison!
Madison was thankful for Dora movies, spiderman (yaa uhu) and her family!
Truely we have been blessed this year and I kept thinking while we were sitting there eating dinner how different it will be next year with baby girl in her high chair snacking on rolls and whatever she can grab probly.

1 comments:

Erica said...

I am actually scared for the day when I have to cook the Thanksgiving dinner all by myself. There is ALWAYS drama with family, but for some reason I love being with them.