Thursday, November 1, 2007

trick or treat

Umm Treat please! I love halloween and though I havent been completely holiday ready this year like usual (a little side tracked this year) we had a blast last night. We started the day by getting the kids ready for school and they got to wear their costumes. Kaden was the dementor from Harry Potter and Madison was the Wicked Witch. I was able to attend Madisons preschool party and watch the little ones go from class to class for their parade. I always love watching Maddie in class because she is usually so well behaved its a good mommy moment! I missed Kadens party but thats ok hes getting big now and I sent treats to share. For dinner we had our traditional hot dogs. I remember having cold hot dogs almost every Halloween when I was a kid though I stick with the tradition I have to warm them for my kids cuz now it grosses me out. Then we were off to paint faces. I was so excited to get Maddies reaction to her green face I kept trying to get her not to look until we were all done but half way through she snuck a peak and freaked out LOL Im sorry it was to funny, then when I finished I said ok look you look so cute and she took a very quick peak and screamed jump from the counter and ran to hide!! We kept trying to get her to look in the mirror and she would duck from the mirrors and yell no its scary. *I got it on the camera if I can ever figure out how to get it on the computer I will have to share.
Anyways we decided to tag along with the Zims cuz those boys always bring a truck load of candy home and we had a blast the bigger boys kinda stuck together and Maddie and Silas stuck together always the last to the door but somehow the first to get the candy!! When we got home they dug right in to the candy and then headed for the shower. Madison was freaked out to shower because you can see the mirror in the shower so we had to block the mirror for her to even come in and she cried to whole time because she was afraid she would see herself. When we were finally done and I got her dressed she finally looked at herself and smiled big and said Im me again!! It was to dang cute. Then she informed me next year she will be a princess and doesnt want to ever be a witch again! And yes mother of the year award for enjoying my daughter being a little scared of herself.... Throughout the evening I saw some little ones in their cute little costumes and I couldnt help but wonder what my little Malia will be next year for her very first Halloween.

0 comments: