Monday, November 12, 2007

a night of discovery

For Family Home Evening tonight, I decided to teach the kids a little bit about where Malia will be coming from and how she might be living before we get to bring her home. I have been following a blog http://www.adoptionbuzz.org/ (adoption buzz). And on there you can watch orphanage video and look at different pictures of orphanage life. Im not sure why but I havent really been sharing to much about where and how baby girl is living (or will be living??). I guess I havent thought they would understand the difference. Though I know she will get the best care she can get it is quite different from how we live and honestly saddens me at the thought that for the first 3-4 months she wont be held all day and loved by a family. I know her nannies will love her and I pray for it but it is still sad for me.
The kids really enjoyed the video and I made sure to point out to Kaden the differences in the beds the food the kitchens the beds etc... He really took it all in and was really wanting to bring her home and put her on a soft matress. Madison noticed all of the very cute babies and told us that she knows our baby is going to be so cute, and she got very cuddly with me and told me she loved me and the baby and cant wait to have Malia. I cant wait to be in Vietnam and take in the culture and take as many photos as I can so that I can share with Malia and the kids where she came from. I really want her to be proud of where she came from and love and take in all that she is. It will be a true goal of mine that she feels secure with who she is and understands the love her parents had for her enough to give her to us. I also want her to know that in her early life she had wonderful nannies that loved her and did all they could for her.
It ended up being a really touching evening and after we ran out of things to look at they wanted more so we went to You Tube and watched some G&R's which they loved! I guess sometimes I underestimate my kids how what they can take in, I am truely blessed with a very sensitive sweet boy and a very loving little girl, I cant wait to share with them more and watch their enthusiasm grow for their sister who hopefully will come home to us sooner rather than later. Oh sweet baby girl you are so loved I cant wait to have you in my arms!!

1 comments:

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That is awesome. I can feel the love that you have for Malia and I know that she will be blessed to have such a loving family, just as your lives will be blessed to have her. I love adoption!!!