Sunday, July 27, 2008

What a blessed week! (Sunday update)


Well I think most of my readers have seen our great news that we had this past week! First we got brand spankin new photos of Malia along with a video!! Myra and her husband went to Korea to pick of their precious daughter and had told me before they left that if they could that they would get us some photos so Wednesday morning when we woke up I checked my mail and saw that I had an email and she was ready to send us our photos! What a wonderful day that was we all cried and cheered and looked at those photos and video more than 100 times for sure. I wake up every morning now and watch the video a few times before I can move on with my day. I have her photos up all over the house also, one is in my bathroom and I can sit and put on my makeup and have her watching me!!

We also got our much awaited LEGALS!! Legals are a huge deal because it is the Korean paper work that needs to be matched with our paperwork with USCIS so we can now move forward and start getting the last approvals of everything we have left! I believe we have about 2 months of waiting left BUT time lines are NEVER what you think or want them to be.. we could still be 5 months out Im just praying that isnt the case and things move quickly!!

We then on Friday got a new medical update!! She is weighing in at 18.5 lbs and hasnt gotten much taller so she seems to pretty much be holding steady right now. The doc said she is cute and active! She has 6 teeth (SAD) and says omma (momma) and dadda! She is so on track with all of her mile stones which I find amazing! We really thought when adopting from Vietnam that we were going to bring home a baby that was going to be quite delayed... but with the amazing care she has gotten in Korea she is doing so great I mean come on you all saw those chubby arms! Shes just gorgeous and OOO the hair! I was almost asleep last night when I started thinking about her hair and how cute all the flower clips and bows were going to look and all of a sudden I couldnt fall asleep I just get so anxious and excited thinking about getting her home I just cant sleep!

So that was a HUGE week. We have had months and months with nothing and to have 1 week with so many awesome things happening it was like Christmas in the adoption world. We just cant wait to get her home and feel so blessed to be getting so close, we just keep hoping and praying to get her home before Oct 6th (her b-day) but if it doesnt happen we will have a big ol celebration when she does get home anyways! Love you baby girl!!

4 comments:

Haley L said...

The side by side photo of Malia as an infant and now is so precious! Nice job on the photo! Let the countdown begin!

Eldrberry Grove said...

That is so great that you guys are getting so close and she looks so cute!! Kudos to you for being so patient for your angel to come home.

Jolayne said...

Look at all that hair. Those hair bows are going to be put to good use.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

That is just soooo awesome. She is one beautiful little girl...I can't wait to see all of those bows in her hair, too! And, 6 teeth!!! I'd say she is ADVANCED, not just on track. Wowsers...
I'm so excited and happy for you guys!