Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shes doing WHAT!!!

Yesterday while Kaden was at the movie I got a phone call from our agency letting me know that they had received our HS but it hadnt been looked at by the lady who I guess officially approves us... we need this done so that it can then be mailed off to Korea so we can start getting some progress done. Anyways I guess she works part time and may not be in this week either. I was so bummed after this phone call. I have a hard time with paper work sitting around after I rush things... but I understand or I am trying to understand that this is how it works.
Well then we went to Red Robin for lunch and as we were walking out guess what.. my phone ding donged letting me know I had a new email!! I could see it was from our agency and said medical update!! YAAAA
I needed this so much, I needed something good after that hard news earlier. So here is what baby girl is up to!
She is a whopping 17.8 lbs! Im so glad that she is healthy and growing!! She is also getting taller a whole 27 inches!! It seems to me that she is still a creeper maybe army crawler it looks like?? (Haley I will need your help deciphering this stuff again) she is sitting up alone AND WHAT THE CRAP she is pulling herself up and walks holding on to furniture... SO NOT OK WITH THIS!! She is only 8 months.. is my baby girl going to be walking! Oh my goodness I am going to be bringing home a baby that is walking YIKES! She seems to be on track with her language skills she is saying single syllables and imitating speech.
So I was so excited for the update and so happy to read she is doing well but at the same time it sure is hard watching her grow up on paper! I NEED PHOTOS!! I NEED HER HOME!!
I feel so very blessed to be working with Holt, they have been very sweet to us and usually get right back to us within a couple hours which is so nice considering our last agency NEVER called back!! I can not believe what wonderful medical attention she is getting I mean geesh she is seeing a doc every month just for check ups! How awesome is that!
I love her so much and all of us are just aching to get her home. I can tell the kids are really starting to have a hard time waiting to, they just want her home and like us have a hard time understanding the wait.
I have had a whisper in my ear lately while pondering about this wait... that of course the timing will be perfect (though it doesnt seem that way now) and that she is really going to be a very sweet Spirit in our home. Does that mean Maddie will remain top Diva and Malia will be the sweet quiet one like I was when I was little!!! Im pretty sure she will take after her sis and help boss these boys around in no time!!
*Oh one more thing we also got our reapproval for our 171H switch to Korea!! YEAH!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How exciting to get an update! These are the hardest days to wait - hang in there!

Erica said...

Whoa- walking? She is going to be a smart one?! How wonderful to finally hear something and to know that she indeed is growing and is healthy. What a relief I'm sure.

Haley L said...

I, too, have been blown away by the good medical care she has received there. I'm happy to look at those papers again. It makes me feel like, in some small way, I'm getting to know her. :) And, just think . . if she is walking, it will be that cute toddler walk and Maddie can hold her hand while she walks! Now that's a nice visual.

Elizabeth said...

Awesome news!! I can't believe she will be walking! Blake will have a buddy! :)

LaLa said...

Love that you got an update! Walking..wow, what a little prodigy she is. Better go ahead and get that baby proofing done : )

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I'm glad you got some news. I can't believe what a little go getter your Malia is! Sheesh...already walking around holding onto furniture. I can't even imagine how HARD it is for you to watch her grow up on paper, with out even any more pics.
Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your twilight blinky thing. That is sooooo cute!!!