Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The very best best bestest BFF EVER!!

Yep sorry everyone I have the best BFF! And I know shes gonna kill me for writing this, but I couldnt let her good deed go unmentioned! Of course I am talking about Tami my very awesome friend for almost 4 years! I knew right away that this was a cool girl that I would get along with. And to this day Ive never been annoyed with her... cant say the same for her about me but I could talk to her all day everyday and never get bored!
So we were doing just that on Sunday on IM and talking about Malia and how horribly hard this wait is and talking about how nice it would be if I could just fly there and visit Malia for awhile... I have wanted to do this but didnt know if I could or even if I would dare do it alone. Well when we were done talking she called a little while later and said Hey Ill go with you... huh. She was willing to fly with me to Korea for a WEEK so that I could be with Malia and do some bonding! How awesome is that! I dont know anyone else who has a friend like that and if you do goodness sakes dont ever mess that up. I was in shock and elated and a little tongue tied I think. I knew Tami was a great friend and she proves that so often but I thought this was really above and beyond. I mean not even the cost alone of it but leaving her own kids for a week.
Well it was Sunday so I had to wait until Monday to talk to Holt and found out they have a policy against letting parents do that. I was really bummed, not only not getting to go see little miss but also missing out on a great adventure with Tami. I know we would have had a blast and neither of us have ever traveled anywhere that required a passport so it really would have been quite the adventure. We will have to plan something else for another time though!!
So Tami I know you are not one for showing how great you are but I had to acknowledge it. I couldnt let you offer such a sacrifice and not scream it to the world. You have been a rock for me a sounding board and a shoulder to cry on literally throughout this process... you continue to build me up and make me a better person and I never walk away from you feeling bad about myself which I think is rare and I dont think I will ever be able to show you how much you mean to me! I have never been so blessed to have someone be so sweet to me without requiring something in return and I truly love and appreciate you!! (Sorry so cheesy)
*Also a huge thank you to Caleb who agreed to this!! What a great guy!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Isn't it great to have friends like that? I say we still should take a trip to Korea and try to see her!

Erica said...

As I told you already- having that one person who you can share anything with a treasure. I am so glad that you have found such an amazing friend in Tami. (I think she probably feels the same about you)

tamiz said...

THANKS for the awesome (and embarassing) shout out. You are the best and such a great example to me!! I'm so happy for your good news!!! Can't wait to give that baby a squeeze (after the bonding process is well under way). Maybe we can slip in a weekend vacation rental before she gets here, or after. HA, with football starting in two and a half week it's doubtful!!