Monday, July 14, 2008

Proud Pappa

Sorry no pics to go with..But I just wanted to post a comment about my family.

Kaden...is amazing. A bright boy that will try just about anything. (after some pushing from us) He opens the car door for mom (since dad lacks in that category) And is very protective of his sister. Its just too bad they will never be in the same school together so he can watch over her. After he gets out of elementary they will always be in different schools. He puts his best effort into all the sports we put him in. I probably push him a little to hard because I know where I wish I could of done better growing up. We have already reached that point where the son is better then the dad in the video game category...ouch..he lets me know it too.

Madison...she will be the death of me. She scares the crap out of me on the trampoline, she is just a little dare devil..we have bets on how many broken bones she will of had by the time she is 18. As soon as she learned to get going on the bike she went from don't let go dad to don't touch me dad!
Her and Silas's little relationship is cute for now, but too soon it will be stay away from boys! But if I could choose a boy that will take my daughter away someday (20-30 years )Silas is a great choice!
When ever I have just had that "bad day" and I come home there she is running in for that hug...kind of takes it all away. Little girls are the cure for the common rough day.

Kris...I'm surprised she is still around...having to put up with me all the time can be draining :) Her spirit and determination is very strong. Going through the adoption process had been very trying. I wish there was something I could do to lift her up until we get to bring her home. I see the mother worry look on her and I just wish I could make this process speed along.
She is my rock! It's a little backwards...I find myself looking to her a lot for strength and example, and that should be my role!

Malia...besides being very tardy, I cant fault her anywhere else. She has already made our family closer. Her siblings love her very much, and pray for her everyday. We cant wait to make her a permanent member of our family. I cant wait to hold her and have another daughter that will be "the death of me".

Thanks to my family for being who they are and what they bring to this family. I wouldn't change a thing!

Love, Dad.

1 comments:

Becki said...

Wow Rich! It's good to see how much you love your family! Good thing to or else I'd have to take you out for a blanket party!!! he he he They know they're lucky to have you but I'm happy to see how much you appreciate them :)