Sunday, July 20, 2008

Be Still My Soul/ Sunday Update

This is my absolute favorite hymn... it has gotten me through some of the hardest days. The words all ring so true. Here are the words for those of you not familiar with it.

Be still, my soul. The Lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; In every change he faithful will remain. Be still, my soul; Thy best, thy heavnly Friend. Thru thorny ways leads through a joyful end.

Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake To guide the future as he has the past. Thy hope thy confidence let nothing shake; All now mysterious shall be bright at last. Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul; The hour is hastning on When we shall be forever with the Lord, when disappointment , grief, and fear are gone. Sorrow forgot, loves purest joys restored. Be still, my soul; When change and tears are past. All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

That last line is my favorite and when I really take in all the words meanings I feel so blessed to know that Malia will be home very soon safe and blessed! I feel so blessed and happy this week that we had MAJOR progress with Malia getting here. First on Wednesday we got the official referral which came with all sorts of paper work to be filled out. Thanks to Tirsa who once again helped us out with everything we needed to be notarized! LIFE SAVER! Also we learned on Wednesday that Holt has our legals is what they are called and from what I understand it is the Korean side of paper work which usually doesnt come until even up to 2 months or so after your approval. I was ecstatic!! What a huge jump we got with that. So on Thursday we over nighted our paperwork to Holt and they got it Friday morning so we are hoping that we will have our legals in hand on Monday?? We will fill out another form and mail it in and then I think really just be waiting for the US side to do their thing to approve her to get into the US and come home to her family!! We just cant wait to snuggle her! I got to snuggle with Jude last night while he slept and it was exactly what Ive been waiting for with Malia its so nice getting to practice with Jude, he is a good sport!

Ive been getting asked now that we have this part done how long are we expecting... that is such a hard ? because we are always wrong BUT I think it could be as soon as 2-3 months or still as long as 5 but of course Im hoping for 2-3!! Love my baby girl and I want desperately for her to be home for her Birthday!

4 comments:

alison said...

i hope he never loses his spiky do. sweet kid.

shelly said...

That is one of my favorite hymns as well. My thoughts and prayers are with ya!

Erica said...

YEAH!! That is great news. We are so happy for your family. We are still praying that she comes fast too.

Elizabeth said...

I knew you had great news this week! I could feel it! :) I am so happy about your paperwork..now lets get those legals today! Love that hymn. We continue to pray for you and Malia, even the boys do every night. So neat.