Tuesday, May 20, 2008

SSSHHHHHHhhhhhh

Guess what?? Ive been keeping a secret! For about 3 weeks now we have been trying to get matched with a beautiful baby girl from Korea. After realizing there is really no way our agency is going to get out 30 referrals in 4 months we knew it was time to see what else we could do. I have searched and searched other places that we could adopt from and have never found anywhere else that we would be approved. I have searched Korean agencies before only to find we didnt live in the right State or age etc. WELL after fasting and praying a few weeks ago I felt encouraged to google Waiting Children, and guess what I found! Holt and this gorgeous girl who was a new referral. Instantly I got on the net and started researching what were considered her SN. We decided to ask for more information, when we got it I knew instantly that I could love this little one, I felt a ping in my heart that couldnt be ignored. We sought out help reading her files from my good smart friend Haley who was able to decipher all that doctor handwriting and medical mumbo jumbo that I didnt understand. I just knew she was meant to be ours! We said yes to her the next day. Well there were 3 other families now looking at her also GRRR! So we had to wait until those families were yes' or no's. And then we would go to committee after having a phone conference. Yesterday we found out that all the other families had declined to move forward so we are the ONLY family going to committee, we had our phone conference today which went very very well!! She said she didnt see any reason that we wouldnt be accepted for Chunky Monkey (we are lovingly calling her chunky monkey... just in case)!! So now we will be presented at committee on Thursday and should have a YES or a no that afternoon!
Could you just scream!! I have! It feels so right, the circumstances that have led us here are truly things that come from faith and goodness and has taught me so much about trusting in the Lord and his plan. Now these next couple days will be torture and I will be sure to update as soon as I come off cloud 9 OR if it happens to be not so great news I will update that too, but we really really feel like she is ours! So we might just bring this baby home this summer!
*Thanks everyone for understanding the privacy thing, I will probly only keep this private for a few weeks but I needed to send a message to someone that they werent wanted on here! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers they have been felt and the encouragement has been such a blessing!
**Those of you that live near me please keep this on the down low we dont want this spreading until we know for sure we have good news! Thank you**

10 comments:

Eldrberry Grove said...

SWEEEETTTTT!!!!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed really tight for you this week. :)

Elizabeth said...

Kris I am sooo happy for you guys! You had better call me as soon as you know anything...as I will be gone, and might not get to check the blogs!!! luv you!!

Kris said...

I am so jumping up and down for you!! That's amazing.

Kelly said...

Wow!! That is so exciting. I can't wait to hear more. Thanks for the invite.

Tirsa said...

Kris...I am still on vacation but I had to get on to see if you had any news about this chunky monkey. I instantly got chills all through out my body as I read this post. I am THRILLED for you guys and can only hope and pray that on Thursday they will confirm what you already know to be true...that she is YOURS!!! I've got all of my fingers and toes crossed for you guys, not to mention prayers and good thoughts. YAY!!!

LaLa said...

YAY!!! So excited for you. I may have seen her as I also have looked at the Korean waiting child lists....can't wait to find out who she is. Maybe both of our Malias are not in VN afterall....

Sending you huge hugs and prayers : )

Sharon said...

Awesome news and I can not wait until Thursday!!!! So very happy for you and your family.

Unknown said...

That is great news Kris! I am so excited for you! I bet that was a hard secret to keep!

Haley L said...

I have to share that while reading her medical records and looking at her pictures, I had a very calm and comforting feeling. I know you can't receive revelation for another person or family, but I have to say that this was a pretty spiritual experience for me as well. If not for all the struggles with Vietnam, this little angel would never have found you! How sweet the reward after so many trials. :) Get 'er on a plane already!!!!!

tamiz said...

OOHHH so happy! I feel like a schmuck being the last to comment! Now that's you're private my feedreader won't notify me when you've updated. I'm very humbled by your FAITH through all these trials. It's been so amazing to fianlly see what they were preparing you for. I can't wait for you to be able to squeeze her chunky monkeyness forever!