Friday, May 9, 2008

Moms the word

Mothers day is a little more profound for me this year than it ever has been. First as you grow up mothers day is all about your own mother, then when you have your own children it gets to be about you too! Well I remeber being pregnant with Kaden and being so excited to be able to celebrate my own Mothers Day, it was special. It was the same with Maddie, I was pregnant during mothers day and I remember going into her room and just thinking and dreaming of her. Well those mothers days were easy.. this one, not so much. Its hard not just having that bundle in your arms (or belly), no control and for sure no known outcome at this point. Rich asked what I wanted for Mothers Day and I told him OOO to be a mother of 3 hehehe not an easy task at this point!
I wanted to say a huge thank you to all the mothers in my life. Being that I dont have a relationship with my own mother, I use my sister and friends as my motherly influence. I have to say I am lucky to have such great influences. My sister is so strong and brave and lovely, she is always there when I need to vent or when I need good advice or just a good laugh. She will always put others before herself and has often comforted me and others when she should have been the one being comforted. I have learned great lessons from her and so Becki thank you for being such a great Motherly Influence for me!
To my friends close, far, blogger world etc. I thank you all too! I am always learning from you all. I love to have friends to go to when I need someone to talk to and I love being there for you to. I have a wonderful friend who knows as much about our adoption as I do because she really just listens and asks questions. I have been so moved by the thoughtfulness my friends have put into learning about adoption and Vietnam. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that you all have had for us. I have learned from reading poems, seeing great photos, and watching videos out in blogger world. I strive to be a better mom because of so many of you.
I hope you all have a great Mothers Day. I hope you all take in that day as we all do deserve a day to be pampered. Cuz dang it, we work hard!!
Thank you again for the inspiration you have all given me, words of wisdom, and helping me move forward when at times it seemed to hard.
Love ya'll

3 comments:

Erica said...

I knew that this day was going to be a little bittersweet for you, but remember thoes precious children you already have. They love you so much and I know they are going to be great adults because of you. Somewhere there is another little girl waiting to come to your family. And when she does it will be all the sweeter experience with all the prayers and love you all already have for her.

Eldrberry Grove said...

Happy Mother's Day Kris!! I know whichever precious little bundle you get [soon] will be SO lucky to have you for a mom! :)

Tirsa said...

That was such a sweet post. You are awesome. I have had some dang hard Mother's Days in the past and I always think about those who may be struggeling on this day.