Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Food for thought and my Ajun

I found something interesting on the internet yesterday, it was a quote by someone who sounded important and I cant remember his name but he said... "If only 7% of Christians adopted only 1 orphan there would be no orphanes." I thought that was amazing. I would say in my ward (church) that I am in right now that there is about 7% that have adopted. Now I didnt share that to spread guilt or say you must adopt I just was shocked but that small percentage!
Now on a funny note, yesterday Maddie came downstairs from playing and looked like this....

She then told me she looked like an "Ajun".... huh I said....again she said "I'm an Ajun".... (k is she saying Asian cuz I didnt even think she knew the word) Maddie are you saying Asian? "Yes Im an Ajun!" Then just to make sure I show her a picture of a little Asian girl and ask are you trying to look like her? And she says "yes my eyes look like an Ajun." I thought well that is cute, Kaden wanted dark hair to look like his sister and now Maddie is changing her eyes to look like her sister. I could tell she really thought she looked so pretty and I thought it was sweet. I remember being in elementary where kids would pull there eyes to make fun... that I will not put up with, but this was sweet and inocent and she was so proud of herself for finding a way to look Ajun. I was also excited that she knew the word because we have tried to prepare the kids that Malia will not look like us but she will still be your sister just the same. Im so proud and know that they do not care what color shape or size she is, she will be loved by them!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a pretty Ajun child you have ; )

Tirsa said...

That is so sweet. You have the cutest kids and you are a great mom. I had never heard that statistic...now getting those orphans into our homes is a whole other challenge, as you know!