Monday, May 26, 2008

In Memory

Memorial Day has never been anything more than a day where you bar-b-q and dont get mail to me. In our family everyone has always lived until they were quite old and it wasnt shocking or even really sad and horrible when they passed. This year.. today was different. This year I had someone to think of to mourn to love and to be thankful for.
Aspyn Jacqueline was born October 29, 2007. My sister was 38 weeks when she went for her check up only to find out little Aspyn no longer had a heart beat. I will not ever forget that phone call with my sister. I knew immediately that something had gone wrong. My sister is very strong but I could hear in her voice that she was broken.
We were able to celebrate Aspyn and have a viewing and a memorial service for her. We released balloons at her resting place and it was very beautiful.
I am so grateful for Aspyn and what she has taught me. I have been more faithful more honest and a better over all person because I want so badly to be able to see her again one day in heaven. I know she is with our Heavenly Father watching over us.
I thought of my sister all day today. How strong and brave she has been these last 7 months. She has been a great strength to all around her. I didnt want today to go by as just another day anymore. I wanted to celebrate Aspyn on this Memorial Day. So Im thinking of you little one, and thank you for teaching me things I had yet to learn and now will never forget.

2 comments:

Tirsa said...

Gee, thanks for making me cry. Very sweet. Aspyn has an awesome aunt that I bet she peaks in on every now and then...

Becki said...

Thank you Kris! I know you always tell me how strong I am but You're not so weak yourself. You have handled your adoption situation so well and patiently. Thank you for remembering Aspyn. I love you soooo much!