Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Mural

I had a vision of a mural and I knew I just had to get it done, Ive known how I wanted Malias room to look for almost as long as we have been doing this adoption!
Well a couple weeks ago my very good friend Tara came and started on the mural. She is so very talented and is doing a really really good job!

Here she is 2 weeks ago started the Cherry Blossom Tree (hahaha ya I got your bum!)
I couldnt believe what a great job she had done.
Now she came back today to start on all the blossoms, its quite the process having to cover the brown tree with the white and pink and boy did I feel bad for her arm!
Heres how it looks though!
I love cherry blossoms
So now the tree is done and next she will paint a little Asian girl sitting under the tree holding a blossom that has fallen from the tree... there will also be a few blossoms falling from the tree here and there! I LOVE seeing a vision come to life! Thanks Tara


8 comments:

Unknown said...

The mural is awesome. Congrats on finally getting matched. Im so happy for you. I know we don't talk all that much but I can tell she is going to the best home. You guys rock.

Becki said...

I love it!!! It is so pretty. I can't wait to see the final product. It will complete the room perfectly!

Eldrberry Grove said...

Thank you for getting my bum in the picture...it just completes the whole thing :) ha ha

jenn said...

the mural is so pretty, Kris! But, I have to say the Malia is just a precious as can be...I love her little face and oh the tiny little fingers!!!!

I can't wait to follow along and hope your able to go get her soon.

Tirsa said...

That looks INCREDIBLE!!! I knew Tara was talented with frosting but wow...way to go, Tara! I love the whole idea of the little Asian girl sitting under it. Awesome!

Tirsa said...

Oh, PS...Maddie was tagged on my blog...

Haley L said...

Wow! I am so impressed! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Erica said...

That is amazing!! Great job that Tara did.