Monday, September 8, 2008

They just arent babies anymore

They just arent and it makes me so sad! Lately they both have done such grown up things that I can just feel the oldness of them hovering over me and taunting me. Kaden has been doing great at football and really loves it, he is also doing very well in school aceing his spelling tests and math quizes. He loves football so much in fact that he wrote a small story about it. It totally cracked me up and he will hate me for sharing this but I thought it was to funny to not remember! His assignment was to write about something he is good at and here is what he wrote.
Titled: Tackle Football
I love playing tackle football, heres why. First, I like tackling people. Next, I like running the ball. Last, I like being on defence.
Now I will tell what I am good at. First, I am good at running the ball. Second, I am good at defence. Last, I am good at running the ball.
Thats how good I am at football.
SOOO after I read it (and it had good notes from his teacher on it) I cracked up and started teasing him lol I went over to him and said FIRST Im good at running the ball SECOND Im good at running the ball, THIRD Im good at running the ball. LOL He laughed too and realized what he had done! I told him it sounded a little cocky but I thought it was cute and that I was glad he loves football so much!

Heres my stud of a son. He sure is looking all grown up. BOOHOO!

Now theres miss Maddie too. She has been learning so much lately and Ive been just so proud of her but at the same time so heart broken that she is all of a sudden growing up way to fast. There are quite a few things that she has just taken off with... she now knows how to tie her own shoes. She also last week discovered that she has a loose tooth to which I think SUCKS! I called Rich and was telling him and not being very happy about it to which Kaden replies "ya next thing you know she'll call to let you know she has bought her first car hahahaha" isnt he funny! NOT Then also she has just started taking off with her reading. She has been very uninterested with her ABC's but now knows them all including all of their sounds and the last couple weeks has been able to start sounding out words and has even read a couple books with my help. So while I am very excited by this all, I am just not ready for her to be a big girl yet!
Here she is doing her homework!

4 comments:

alison said...

You realize that the love you and Rich show them help them be confident enough to do all this.
Hope Maddie doesn't pull her tooth out in the middle of sacrament mtg like Katie did yesterday. ugh--blood.

alison said...

You realize that the love you and Rich show them help them be confident enough to do all this.
Hope Maddie doesn't pull her tooth out in the middle of sacrament mtg like Katie did yesterday. ugh--blood.

tamiz said...

I'm not ok with Miss Maddie growing up either. She's such a big girl now. And READING??? Your days of spelling things out to keep secrets from her are almost over!

Becki said...

Isn't it fun?! This whole growing up thing is so confusing for the parents too! We get so excited to see them being more mature and surprising us with the things they do and then we wish they were still little so we could hold them and squeeze them!