Saturday, September 13, 2008

I got an award!!!


I was nominated by LaLa for this sweet award. I found her blog as soon as we had decided to adopt and instantly fell in love with the way she wrote about her sweet daughter. She had been working on another adoption through Vietnam and just in the nick of time received a referral for the sweetest little boy!!! LaLa has been a great motivator for me and has had wonderful words of wisdom when I have been feeling frustrated! Thanks LaLa!!!

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for The Smile Award.
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
The creator of the award is Mere
Now I need to nominate 5 people. I have given this a lot of thought and I love so many blogs and follow so many so I kept with a theme!
1. Tirsa- Tirsa has been a huge support and help throughout this process. She loves her kids so much. She has adopted both of her gorgeous kiddos and Im sure would love more. After a lot of prayer one day she stood up and announced a adoption get together type thing and we knew then that we had received our answer... so thanks Tirsa for being so inspired!!
2. Krisbee- Kris has also been a great sounding board for me and so encouraging. We both have a favorite song during the adoption process that I think we both turn to when we need a good reminder of who is in charge! Kris is currently waiting to adopt after adopting 2 little boys, her and hubby have realized it was time to go again and they are just waiting for a Birth mom to find them.... so if you know anyone!!
3. Tamara- I found Tamara through the Holt board. We got our referrals the SAME day and have been waiting so long for our sweet girls! We have helped each other I think with questions and frustrations and Im hoping we both get EP soon so we can have our babies home!!!
4. Melissa- I found her blog shortly after we got our referral and I started searching for Korean adoption blogs. I instantly fell in love with her photos and her digi scrap work. She has 2 adopted sweeties and her posts always crack me up with how real she is and how fun she is!!
5. Norah- Goodness this lady is a sweet heart. She just brought her 2nd daughter (3rd child) home from China. I love going to her blog because her kids are just gorgeous and she also always writes so real. She absolutely loves her kids and has lifted me up so many times through emails. And goodness the dresses she puts on little miss Linhsey are just adorable!
So I chose all adopt mommas that I have really relied on for inspiration and growth and knowledge. Kinda funny that 3 of the 5 I have never met or even talked to except through comments on blogs or through email... though me and Tamara have a date to chat on Monday! lol They all are amazing with all they do in the adoption community and with their families and blogger world! Thank you all for constantly keeping me up and inspiring me... and of course making me SMILE!!

2 comments:

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Oh, thank you! That was so sweet and I feel honored to have made the list. It has been such a blessing for me to be even the smallest part of your journey to Malia.

Sharon said...

Ahhh, I get it now! I wasn't sure what the smile award was. I thought you were referring to Linhsey's CRAZY smile that she has been doing...LOL. Thank you so much. Now I have to figure out how to link it back to you and all that other stuff. Not sure how the links work. I stink at blogging! HAHA