Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Has this ever happened to you?

I went to Banana Republic today to do a little shopping and left feeling completely badgered! Dont get me wrong the ladies were so nice to me and told me all the right things but I left feeling like I maybe didnt have the right outfit and wasnt sure if it even looked good or if they were just telling me I did. Heres how it went down....

I walk in having an idea of what I want. And I get approached by a lady asking if I needed help or was looking for something special... well yes I am actually but Im just looking around... to which she said OO let me get our manager! O boy! So I keep looking and find some cute jeans and then a lady walks up to me and asks what Im looking for her and I give her a couple of my ideas.. color wise any ways. She starts following me around and grabbing and showing me things some dresses to which I let her know that is a little to dressy so we keep going. I end up with a couple dresses she has grabbed and some blouses and some slacks and jeans... OO and jewelry YUCK!! So I try on the clothes all the while she is bringing me MORE stuff and Im hiding in the dressing room while she stands out there and keeps asking hows it going how does it look bla bla bla. So Im feeling stressed and Maddie it saying O mom you should go show her and Im giving her the death look trying to get her to shut up! But then the lady says ya let me see Kris let me see O come on, so I walk out and OOO she has to get the other sales lady to come look because it looks so great (whatever) and look at that O wow and I say well Im not really much of a model and she gives me quite the one liner.. well the clothes dont make the body they only accentuate the beautiful body you already have.... O GAG!!!! Does that line really work on people because I am short and stout!!! Well I will tell you what worked the GUILT all the guilt of how nice they were and how hard they "worked" or worked me I should say, and I ended up buying stuff that I wasnt so sure about, then walked out about to cry feeling like a fool!!

Im so mad at myself for letting it happen I usually am so confident when shopping and walk right past all the "wanna try this" people and Im very good and saying O just looking. For now on I will be very weary of those dang nice sales ladies!! I cant believe the tagged teamed me and used so many one liners and OOO you look great!! BARF and I fell for it!

4 comments:

Becki said...

Okay...first yes you are petite, second . . . stout? Not sure anybody would use that word to describe you! You must be feeling a little buyers remorse. I'm sure the clothes look great it's just sticker shock!!! LOL

alison said...

you need to borrow some extra kids next time you go there--the sales people want NOTHING to do with you if you're toting 2+ children around.

Jolayne said...

Stout!?! Hardly. If what you were wearing last night was any indication of what you bought, you looked great.

The Ellington's said...

BR is one of my fav's. What works for me is to arrive looking totally scroungy - they leave you alone!