Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A HUGE day for our little miss Maddie!

But a very hard one for mom. Maddie lost her first tooth today! She is soo excited about it to! It happened at football, and dang it I missed it. I guess she was really wanting it out and was playing with it a lot and went to go show one of the moms and moved it with her tongue and it jsut popped right out... guess it was hanging by a string (ewww) and she kinda freaked out and started crying and then Rich pulled it out. It was bleeding and she was crying and was just freaked out but then Rich called me and gave her the phone and she said 1/2 crying.... mom I pulled out my tooth... WHAT! I was a little heart broken that I had missed it but so proud of her for being so dang brave!!! And I gotta say she is just so dang cute with that sweet little hole in her mouth.
Here she is right after.. you can tell she had been crying

She really doesnt want the tooth fairy to take her tooth. She wants to keep it and take it to school so she can show her teacher and get the tooth necklace that she has for the kids, so we wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking if she can please keep her tooth..... we'll see if she agrees!
So then we got a call tonight from Haley asking if we had seen the paper... nope. Well she brought hers right over to us because we didnt have one and guess who made the cover????
YEP Miss Maddie made the front page from Saturday while she was cheering on Kaden during the game! Before his game even started this guy came buy and started asking if she was a cheer leader and if he could take her photo for the "paper" and I was a little skeptical... thought he might be a creepo but agreed! He asked her all sorts of questions and said that it would be in the Brighton paper, but when he realized we were from here he said that he also submits work for our paper and so we should watch for it. Guess he was for real because there she is! Its a great photo and she just looks so dang adorable!!! The paper reads.... Madison, 5, "who just started school" cheers on her favorite Warrior player and big brother, no. 8 Kaden. Madison, who wants to be a cheerleader when she gets older, was cheering for the Warriors as they played Brighton at the Brighton youth football fields on Bridge Street in Brighton this past Saturday.
SOO it was a HUGE day for Maddie and Kaden was excited that his name made it in there too! I broke down a little and shed some tears. Im just really having a hard time with all of this growing up the kids are doing, and missing her first tooth coming out and her seeming all grown up and making the paper just put me over the edge! It really is hard watching the kids grow up so fast. If anything it is really making me realize how much I really need to enjoy them because before I know it they will have families of their own.
For real Malia PLEASE come home mommy needs a baby since your siblings are hell bent and growing up!
***BTW Sunday will be the last day I will be taking orders on the Team Malia shirts. So if you wanted one please let me know sizes!! Thanks for the support!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddie looks so cute with that missing tooth!!!! My niece is also Maddie and lost her first tooth just a couple weeks ago--she is only 4! :-O

Praying that you are submitted for EP by now and that Miss Malia will be home before Halloween!!!!!

Unknown said...

So sweet when they lose thier first tooth! She is super cute!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah Maddie! So brave and so grown up! Snif snif!Did she score with the tooth fairy? :)

The Toy Guru said...

I saw that cute little bug in the newspaper today!!! I will take you my copy to school in case you want to wallpaper your office with it or send to the relatives. She is such a living doll...and so sweet too.

Jolayne said...

What a cutie. We saw her in the newspaper too. The girls were excited to see somebody they knew.

LaLa said...

What a cutie...love that little gap : )

Praying everything goes smoothly..get that girl HOME!

Come on over...I gave you an award : )

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Way to go Maddie! Not only did she lose a tooth (which Bella wants to do soo badly, too) but she is FAMOUS!!!

Sharon said...

Congrats Maddie! Can I have your autograph?