Sunday, December 28, 2008

Update



Ok so I need to update on Kaden. He seems to be fine today! He still had a couple bouts with some pain yesterday but it did seem to be gas or uhhmm potty related. So maybe that dang doc was right. HA He is still keeping his diet pretty bland but Im hoping he feels better so he can actually play for the rest of xmas break. Thank you to all who have asked about him, you all are so sweet!
Now onto little miss Malia. She is just about 15 months and starting to test us a little bit. For the last couple weeks she has been fighting her naps. I know that this is normal so Ive been letting her push her nap limits but the thing is she still gets so cranky at her normal time so I will give her her bottle and put her to bed only to realize when I go to get her up that she really hasnt napped at all. She sits and plays pretty quietly... if I take her out because she is just sitting in there playing she is wicked and throws tantrums and is just so fussy. If I dont give her her nap because I know she is just going to play she is just down right fussy, cranky and well pissie! So I guess I will for now just give her her quiet time in her crib. BUT heres the thing when she is ready to come out after her normal time she still is just ornery all day because she hasnt had that nap. Im hoping that this is all because of teeth and the kids being home and throwing off her schedule a bit. Because man do I need that girl to be happy again!
Now even though we are struggling with naps. She still is so dang fun to and just so cute in her not so tired moments! She continues to amaze us with how quickly she can pick up on words. The night I took Kaden to the ER she hadnt napped and was super cranky so I told her to say IM MAD and she did clear as day yell IM MAD and then kept saying it... we were all cracking up. Words shes using daily include, uh oh, oh no (with her hands on her cheeks, I need to get that on film), UP, all done, all gone, momma, dada, soft. Im pretty sure we hear those all at least once a day now. She still loves to sit and will look at her books for at least 15 minutes at a time and thats after Ive already read them to her for 10. She is still loving her new toys from Christmas and now that we have undecorated Christmas she has the run of the house again because Santa is GONE, and while we were cleaning up she decided she thought Santa was funny and actually started laughing at him! So glad she stayed afraid this whole month though!
I think thats all I got for today, make sure to scroll down to my earlier post to see Maddie and I's trip to the Nutcracker!
Also yesterday was my sweet nieces Birthday! She turned two! Isnt she so sweet!!!! Happy Birthday little one.

1 comments:

Kris said...

I feel your pain girl. Zack stopped napping completely at 16 months and Bryce at 2 years. I totally envy the girls whose kids nap till they are in kindergarten. I hope she starts napping for you again soon!