Thursday, December 4, 2008

Triming the Forest

On Sunday we enjoyed decorating the tree! We really had a great time getting it all out and looking at the old ornaments and remembering them. We also enjoyed adding to our forest now that we have added to our family! We each have our very own tree to decorate even little miss Malia!

First my tree.. I finally get a pretty tree!! I have always always wanted just a grown up pretty tree but have always wanted the kids to be able to decorate and have cutsie type decor so Ive never done it. Well this year with adding a tree I needed new ornaments for my tree so I chose red and silver and I think it turned out pretty!

Richs tree is the Santa tree and of course he did a great job lol

Kadens tree is the snow man tree, he choose that one because it had the most decorations to put on! Smart boy!

Maddies tree is the reindeer/snowflake/candy cane tree. It all together really looks cute and she did a great job... after some rearranging!

Malias tree is the everything else tree. It has a very pretty angel topper and then home made/school made crafts and anything else that doesnt match like all of Kadens football ornaments etc. I had seen these very precious adoption ornaments last year and saved the page so that when we were able to bring our sweetie home I would be able to purchase one of our own. So now Malia has her very own very special stork carrying a little asian baby with the Korean flag. I LOVE it and I think she will charish it always! If you want one of your own you can to here to Mandy's moon.

I was pretty stressed out about Malia wanting into the ornaments but while decorating we realized she is TERRIFIED of a Santa that we have, so after decorating I put the santa next to the trees and she hasnt gotten close ONCE! Its AWESOME!! She gets close and accident and runs away and cries... mean maybe BUT she is staying safe! I took a little video showing what he does and her reaction... she gets so scared she freezes and cant move away from him. But he is a life saver! And Im hoping she doesnt decide to get brave and like him!!

BTW the family picture Im posing really cheesy but I was trying to hide an ornament from Malia so she would smile for the camera... didnt work O'well! lol

Anyways it was a ton of fun getting us all together listening to christmas music and seeing Malia getting to enjoy Christmas for the very first time. I cant wait to see her little face on Christmas morning!
OO I loaded the wrong video heres one from today though. We finally got some good snow... I will load the other one later!

0 comments: