Friday, December 19, 2008

Maddies 8 inches



Yep we did it or she did but really I did it??!! Anyways I finally gave in and let Maddie have her hair cut short SHORT! We took off 8 inches so that she could donate it. We talked about where her hair would go and who it would help and she started to cry because she was so happy. Im so proud of her and I think she just looks adorable.
Of course Im already dying not being able to do all the fun things I normally do but she loves it and she does look so dang cute. She is loving "swooshing" her hair around. Shes been begging for this for well over a year and I finally decided that it is the giving season so it felt like the right time and since her hair was long enough for us to donate it it was all the sweeter.
We made a girls day of it and left got her hair cut and did some shopping and lunch. They did a great job of making her feel pampered, she dipped her hands in wax and thought that was pretty cool and enjoyed her scalp massage. I love hanging out with Maddie she has always been my shopping pall and I was so excited to go spend some special time with her it was lots of fun!!
P.S.
And yes I cried! Though Maddie had made me promise before we left that I wouldnt cry and I warned her I probly would and she said NO MOM dont cry! So when the lady snipped it off I fought back tears and pulled it together quickly and smiled at Maddie and when she was all done she told me "Good job mom, you didnt even cry loud!" OO honey you crack me up!

3 comments:

alison said...

Way to be brave Kris!!

that is a really cute length on Maddie! and its still long enough to do lots of cute things.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!! She looks adorable! I think she is just a cute girl, whether she has long or short hair. :)

Jolayne said...

She does look adorable.