Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Cracker Nut

Silly Faces
All ready

Button up its cold!

Putting on the princess' shoes

The show is about to start!

Silly girls and their hot chocolate

Cute girls all ready
Last night I took Maddie to the Nutcracker or the Cracker Nut as she calls it. It was the best time! I love spending time with Maddie, she is so sweet and fun and makes it very easy to take her places. She got all spiffied up in her Christmas dress and new coat and was ready to go. She insisted on Ballerina hair which is no easy feat now that her hair is chopped but I was able to squeeze it up in that dang bun!
We went with her very best friend Kinley, they have been good friends since Maddie was about 1 I think. I think they both had a great time. The Colorado Ballet Company really has its act together. I was so impressed with everything. The music was amazing, so crisp and clean I just loved it.... being a flute player I am always attuned to the flute and they sounded amazing, made me wish I kept up my practice a little more.
Now the dancers were just incredible. So fun and beautiful. Maddie was loving seeing them on point and has been walking on her tippy toes all day showing us how they do it. I was so in aww at the athletics that these men and women have. Nothing jiggles NOTHING and trust me when you see a man in sheer tights you can tell! LOL
The girls did amazing considering we didnt get home until a little after 10. Rich opened the door and Maddie took off to tell him and show him everything. Her favorite dance is the snow scene and her least favorite was when the Nutcracker turns into the Nutcracker Prince because of the big BOOM! I have to admit I jumped just as high as she did. I think one of my favorites was the Russian boys that jump so high and so many times in a row, I had to give a woot woot during that. But of course seeing those tiny cute girls on their toes fluttering around just leaves me in awe at how precise they are. Just love it!
Im hoping to make this a yearly tradition for me and my girls (once Malia gets older.) So if your looking for a great show the Colorado Ballet sure puts on a good one! We were at the Ellie Caulkins Operahouse and they did a fab job. It was also the last night for The Nutcracker so maybe they worked extra hard just for us and the director that was now leaving.


1 comments:

Haley L said...

How did I not know that you played the flute????? I wanna hear you sometime! Kinley has talked about nothing else all day and even did a whole Nutcracker show for 20+ members of my family who were at our house tonight. Thanks for the memories!