Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry x-mas Letter

My turn....A Christmas letter from Dad.

What a year. We started with even numbers, two boys and two girls, but we all know the boys have been outnumbered for a long time the girls always seem to get the power of veto. With the addition of the long anticipated Malia...even mathematically Kaden and I are done for.

But what a great year. We have overcome the challenge of adoption and are better for it. Lets run down the list.

Malia. She is curious, intelligent, and at all times knows exactly what she is doing. :) She has the ability to melt right into your heart. And just like that I can not imagine life with out her.

Madison. She has grown so much in just the last few months. (it really angers me) She has gone from the little baby to a big sister. (sometimes a little mother) She is growing in all aspects, from donating her hair to excelling in school and dance, she truly is fathers pride and joy. I find my self looking into the future and already finding her "getting away" with stuff.

Kaden. The perfect big brother. Always looking out for his little sisters. Its too bad they are not closer in age (even though we designed it that way) because now he wont be able to keep the boys away from his sisters in school. He really enjoys football, basketball and this year baseball. He played baseball before but really bought in this year. He makes good decisions and follows the spirit, just what parents want!

Kris. I cant say enough about this lady! She is my rock. Her most difficult trial this year was putting up with me. I'm glad she did. Second trial would be the adoption. She was the light that brought our family through the fog. Without her we would all be lost. I am very grateful for the guidance sCheck Spellinghe brings to our family. She keeps the kids active and helps them do the things they enjoy to do. Home would truly be a boring place if it was not for Mom. I love you Kris!

And finally....All of our friends. You have been a great support this year. We truly find our selves blessed because of our friends. It is a great blessing to have support where you live. We could not imagine not being where we are and who we share this life with.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Rich

2 comments:

Erica said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your new addition. This will be such a fun Christmas!!

Unknown said...

I am grateful to have a wonderful son like you. I am proud of the way you are taking care of your family. I send my best this holiday season.

Love, MOM