Monday, December 15, 2008

The best big sis!

Maddie is a great big sister. She has dealt with being pushed from the pampered princess to the still pampered but less attentioned middle child so so well! Ive been so impressed with my precious Maddie. The first couple weeks I know were hard for her though she hid it pretty well. The only thing she really did was wanted to be tickled if Malia was or hold me and throw me if Malia was getting held and thrown up and down. All in all Ive been super impressed, I knew she would do great but I still was a little nervous.

Maddie just adores Malia and the first thing she does when I pick her up from school is ask if Malia had a nap... this means she didnt miss out on to much. And then asks what else Malia did. When Malia is napping Maddie always asks "is it time to wake Malia yet?" and when we finally do she races to be the first one to get in her room and then hugs and tells her she missed her. Its just so sweet. Maddie is a huge help to, always good about grabbing diapers napkins wipes toys, whatever it is I might need. She always wants to help feed her hold her or even has wanted to change her bum... which Im holding out on letting her do. They will just play forever together, play chase, hide and seek and peek a boo or pat a cake.

Well today during lunch Malia finished her pasta but was wanting Maddies applesauce and she was willing to share but Malias face was a mess so I told her I would get her her own, then I started to feed her and Maddie was bummed.... well I was trying to enjoy some yummy left over soup so I was like OK! And the fun began. Little miss was soo happy that big sister was feeding her and just kept cracking up. Maddie was so proud and so happy to get to be a big helper and kept telling Malia how cute she is. I just love these sweet moments and I await the day that they get on each others nerves BUT I know how precious my sister is in my life and I cant wait to see their friendship grow and to see how close they will be, it will be great to watch! Im so excited for them to have each other!

2 comments:

Haley L said...

Too cute!

tamiz said...

Maddie is the best! She adjusts so smoothly to all situations and personalities (of others). She's so good at finding the fun in everyone! She's the best Maddie EVER!!!