Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Update

So if you read my last post you know that this week ended up being very productive! USCIS came through for us and got our I600 approval done in less than 2 weeks! There are only a few more steps left and each one typically takes about a week or 2 for those steps!
My little girl turned 10 months this last week too. Makes me sad knowing that she is passing milestones without us but I am so excited at the thought of bringing home this mobile little thing, she will be all ready for tons of fun! I know she is standing on her own and crawls and has teeth. Im not sure if she has more than formula in her diet yet but Im betting that she does. She is truely our little Korean Dream and the anticipation of finally getting her home is so high right now its amazing the joy I feel when I have those moments of reality realizing that she soon will be home!
We got a new medical update on Malia on Friday it was just a photo of her chubby little thighs though and the update was in Korean so I have no idea what it said. But she is looking so so healthy and has the most gorgeous little chub rolls! Maddie saw the photo and said oooo cute I cant wait to squeeze her!! LOL It was to funny!!
Im feeling so so blessed. This journey has been a long one but Im already feeling less affected by the ups and downs and just looking forward to getting my baby girl home. Im able to for see what it will be like to have her home and I just cant wait! Every time we go on a family outing I just cant help but picture what it will soon be like.
When we were at Red Robin for Maddies b-day we were talking about how its not going to be that easy pretty soon and how Malia will be there throwing her food and screaming at us! CANT WAIT!
Stay tuned for next weeks update. I will be talking about bonding and the process that we will be going through in order to help Malia bond with us and us with her. It will be a struggle for sure. I am prepared for her to grieve the loss of her home and her family. It is going to be hard and having to keep everyone at a distance for awhile Im sure will be hard on friends and family but Im hoping that everyone will be understanding!

2 comments:

Haley L said...

Incredible news! And, just the simple fact that you are so prepared and have already thought through how to ease her through the transition with all your research makes her that much more lucky to have found you. :)

Sharon said...

Give that baby a squeeze for me too! I can't wait. So excited for you!