Thursday, August 14, 2008

SOO sick of the kid droppers!!!

Ok we just got home from the rec center and OMG I am SOO over the kid droppers! Im mean seriously who are these parents that dont think twice about dropping their kids anywhere with anyone! I just cant do it!! Maybe Im to much of a control freak with my kids safety but I kinda feel like I value their lives and their feelings a little to much just to drop them all the dang time.
During this summer Maddie has 2 classes a week at the rec and Ive seen so many of the same kids WITHOUT parents there each week. The rec center or mall or whatever is not a baby sitter people. I just dont get why parents think kids even 10 and younger are capable of taking care of their selves. I saw what looked like 6 and 7 year olds on their own today. And then even the teenagers in their huge groups acting like complete idiots also. I felt horrible for the people who work there today while they had to keep running around acting like baby sitters. Me and another mom there were a little outraged how some of these kids where acting and how so many of them were so young.
I have become one of those older ladies that looks at the dumb teeners and rolls my eyes... I always hated those ladies.. how dare they judge me... guess what you act like a irresponsible kid and you gonna have people rollin their eyes!!
I have never been one to let my kids just ride their bikes wherever... it took me forever to let them play outside alone and even now a door has to be open and I check on them constantly! I guess maybe I grew up in more of a real world then other parents did. Do you not hear the kidnapping stories or other horrible stories? I mean these are precious children you dont just let them run amuck with no supervision. ARRRGHHH!! I have friends that I trust that I let watch my kids but rarely do I do that either. I just hate the advantage taking and dont understand why mothers dont want to spend more time with their kids. Do I love always having to be at sports or at the pool or the park or taking them shopping NO but I do love knowing that my kids are safe and I hope it shows them how much I love them and dont just want to get rid of them and let them be someone elses problem!
*OK I ranted long enough sorry!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I actually in some ways agree- I don't let my kids play outside unless I am right there with them.

alison said...

completely agree with you!! saw two kids (one 9 and one 7) walking alone to king soopers--i almost had a heart attack! i too grew up w/the horror stories--and lived in a lot tougher of an area.

Unknown said...

I am right there with you! I hate that too! Those are the parents that would be the first to complain if something did happen to thier kids too! I have issues with that subject myself... :)