Sunday, August 3, 2008

So exciting! Sunday Update

So isnt she precious! We were so excited to get another email from Myra Friday night sending us 3 more videos! I was especially excited to see that we would be able to edit it down to where we could share. To bad that most of you wont get to see her sweetest HUGE smile or her cute little giggle yet but here she is so sweet and in her crib!
So for Sunday update this last week has mostly just been waiting, we are thinking it could be possible to have our I600 approval this week though! Lets hope and pray! We also got a letter from Holt on Thursday letting us know that our paper work was complete and that they had send it all to Korea and wherever else it needs to go and that the next process could take 3-5 months... we are hoping that is the general timeline they give and Im still hoping 2-3 months! Preferably before baby girls b-day.
I had an awesome experience in church today which I am hesitant to share but I want it written down so I can remember it always. I am fasting today of course for my sweet Malia and hopes that we will get our paper work and approvals done quickly. During sacrament I continued to pray and during the closing prayer I was saying my own and thinking of her when I felt the weight of her on my lap and on my chest. It lasted just a few seconds but long enough for me to realize what it was. I believe it was an answer to my prayers and to my constant worry that she will not be home soon, I know my Heavenly Father was letting me know that she will be home soon and let me feel the love of her for those few seconds. I was able to picture her face as if she was really there and feel the love completely that I have for her in those few seconds. I was a little to stunned and in aww to even cry though I am now thinking about it. I am constantly amazed at what my Heavenly Father does for me and the blessings he gives me. And now that I have felt her on my lap I just can NOT wait until it is a constant feeling and not just the 3 seconds of joy that I had.

Now rewatch that video people isnt she a beauty! The toys on the crib where the ones we sent and the one she is holding I believe is what Myra gave her. Now come on approvals!!! ** Also in one of the videos Myra asked them to say her name and now we finally know how to pronounce her name! San-hui... say it like San... he. We had been guessing it was San hi like hi how are you. So now when I practice saying Malia Linh San-hui.... I will be saying it right!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Malia is adorable, I know you can't wait to have her in your arms!

Jessica said...

Also I just love it when God gives us little signs letting us know that He is in control over this whole process, and to just rely on him and he will make it all work out in His time!

ps I don't know if its everywhere in Korea but I was told that the foster mom's add an (ah) sound to the end of the babies names, its is like a term of affection. Like Noah's Korean Name is Yeong Min (prounounced Young Mean) and they called him Yeong Mina.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

oh, what a sweet experience you had! I love it! I had some awesome experiences before we got Ez too. Those are tender mercies from God to help us out in the wait.
She is so beautiful! I can't get over it. Can't wait for her to be in your arms!!!

Melissa said...

How WONDERFUL to get video updates! She is just a little doll!

Haley L said...

Yet another goosebumps experience that makes you know that everything up to this point has led you to this little girl. You're getting quite good with the photo and video editing. I might have to hire you sometime!! :)

Anonymous said...

the Korean words in the video interpreted are:

1. Here it is, look at this. (pointing to toys)

2. (speaking to baby) Hi, Smile

shelly said...

That is so wonderful! You are constantly in my prayers. What a blessing it is for your family to know she will be home soon. I love her name, it just flows... :)

taylorchloejake said...

ooo she's just the sweetest little thing! I hope you get your approval to pick her up soon. It looks like she's taken well care of, what a pretty little bed she gets to sleep in!

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome experience to have Such a sweet video! I had to watch it like 4 times! :) She is so precious. I just want to kiss those cheeks!!Thanks for sharing your spiritual experience...that was so special for you, and what a testimony builder of faith and prayer.