Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School is Cool!


YAAA School started! The kids were SOO ready and so was I! We had been practicing being up and ready for over a week so the first day of school went so smooth! Of course they woke up super early and then sat around for over an hour asking is it time yet is it time yet? A million times!

Kaden is now my 5th grade all growed up boy and it makes me so so sad! He is just looking so much older and acting a bit more mature, its exciting but at the same time I hate that he is to old to kiss mom for sure in public I tried to get a kiss on the cheek and I got the look that every mother dreads .... MOM no! So now on only kisses at home and those are pretty limited, heck I can barely get a photo of him without a grimace! I think he'll do great this year and he has a great teacher! He loves school so it makes life pretty easy, hes even pretty good about knowing that he comes home reads and does homework before any play... well then theres football YIKES!

My little miss Maddie is a Kindergartner! BOOHOO! SO SO hard to let go on that first day, and even harder on the second! She is so excited about school and so independent that we truly barely got a backwards glance and that was because we kept calling her name! She got up very early and didnt even want to eat she just wanted to get dressed and GO!! And every day since she has said is it time yet, come on mom lets just go! She loves her teacher and all of her new friends! Its very nice that there are so many church friends in her class! On the second day when they let them out the door she came running for me and yelled MOM and jumped into my arms.. it was right out of a made for tv movie! And I loved every second of it!

So now that the kiddos are in school and have abandoned me to be by my lonesome it really is high time that little Miss Malia finds her way home or else Rich is going to start expecting things to really be super clean and projects done that Im just not into doing!

4 comments:

Brandie Lyon said...

Oh, please. Your house is always super clean anyway. But we will continue to pray for Malia to come soon.

alison said...

maddie was so cute on monday--just happy happy happy excited--saying hi to everyone she knew as they walked in. she was loving every minute of it.

Becki said...

Yeah for school! And then remember by the time that Christmas break gets here that we will be saying "Yeah" again for a break!!! LOL

Becki said...

Yeah for school! And then remember by the time that Christmas break gets here that we will be saying "Yeah" again for a break!!! LOL