Saturday, August 9, 2008

Party Time


Maddie had her late night/faux sleepover birthday party last night! It started out by the girls chasing Kaden around the house and then we had them sit down for a little craftiness. They made adorable little necklaces. Then they were able to decorate pillowcases with their names flowers and princess type decals. They all had their own personalities so it was fun seeing how they decorated. So while I did the iron ons on their pillowcases they headed upstairs to watch a movie, eat popcorn and be silly. I headed up there to join them after ironing and started painting and decorating their fingernails and toenails. They started giving each other foot massages... it was pretty cute. It was a lot of fun and we added little flowers and jewels on there nails too!

Then it was time for root beer floats and cupcakes (which everyone just licked icing) and then we finally opened presents! Everyone was excited for that! Then we had about 15 minutes of playtime left so they headed to the "club" We had given them glow bracelets so they wanted the lights out and they turned on some Hannah Montana and started busting out some moves. These girls got pretty silly and I caught some fun photos of them dancing in the dark. We played freeze so they would dance and have to freeze when I paused the music. It was really cute!

Maddie had a blast and felt very special. The girls all seemed to have a good time so we are considering it a hit especially since Kinley kept telling everyone wasnt this the best birthday party everyone... it was so funny! It got pretty loud so Rich is holding me to my promise that next year the kids arent having a party! I think Im agreeing!!!

4 comments:

The Wiggintons said...

Sounds like great 5-year-old fun! I don't know if I knew you had a blog. Well, yes I did because I remember commenting on Malia's room and how cute it was. Anyway, I do hope your paper work gets through quickly. We've got to get our updates to VN before Sept 1, I think! I'm stressing about that a little. I'm putting your blog on my favorites so I can keep up with everything. Godspeed...

Kristy

alison said...

Wow--quite the night! Katie just couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had and the GIANT cupcakes! Thanks so much for inviting her--she had a blast.

Haley L said...

I had to remind Kinley to breathe as she rehashed the details of the party. :) The party was all she talked about for weeks before and will be for weeks after and mostly because she just loves Maddie. Thanks for inviting her!

Sharon said...

That sounds like a rockin' cool party!