Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trusting

Malia is doing awesome! I am just amazed by how well she is doing. We were so prepared for the worst that having this sweet easy going non-fussy baby home is just wonderful!

I feel like with each hour she is trusting us more and more. Last night she took a nap on me and when she woke up she was a ball of fire and so on and so herself if was the neatest thing watching this sweet girl open her heart and trusting us. She has giggled a few times but not fully until last night and goodness its the sweetest sound. She was tackling Maddie after her afternoon nap really loving just crawling all over her and attacking her face (ignore Maddies embarrassed reaction to some bum touching in the video) then after her late nap was when she was going after Kaden and just cruising all over the house. Standing up by herself and reaching out to walk to all of us. I think the sweetest moment was when she reached out to Rich and snuggled with him. She has let him hold her and smiled with him but that was the first time it was on her terms with her in the lead rather than him really having to try. I think he about cried.

Watching her beginning to trust us already is amazing. I sat watching her sleep in my arms last night and the only word I could think of was miracle. Yes all children are miracles but this sweet baby is such a miracle, a gift from God truly. The way we were able to find her and get her home is a story to be remembered always and if Faith is falling simply think of my sweet Malia.

Right now she is napping after falling asleep while I was feeding her. It was so funny because she fell asleep right away so I had to keep playing with the bottle to get her to finish it just like if she was a newborn. A dream come true really to have that happen, all those little pieces I missed like she is giving me a gift. She even stared into my eyes before she fell asleep and let me hold the bottle for her. On the first day she wouldnt even let me touch it really while she was eating but slowly the last few bottles she has let go and let me do my job! AWESOME!

God is amazing and I thank him continuously for giving us Malia and trusting in us to care for her. She is so funny, and smart and darling. She has fit into our home perfectly, and even though we are still learning her and she us, I feel like we are already working well as a family of 5, we are on her schedule which really isnt one right now but I cant believe how easy it has been so far... knock on wood! We are simply blessed!

8 comments:

Haley L said...

Thank you for sharing the tinest details . . .those are the ones I sit and wonder about. Your dream of having her sleep on you is the most precious--there are so many 12-month-olds that won't do that with anyone. What a gift!!!

Haley L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

She is so cute!! I am so happy that she seems to be adjusting! What an angel, and truly is a miracle. So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it make me so happy to log on here and see you and your family united with your baby. Congratulations!!!!
She is just perfect!!!!
Love to your family,
Stephanie
P.S. I'm traveling to Boulder for work next week, drop me an email so we can get together

Blaine and Tirsa said...

I loved Maddie's announcement: "Listen up, this baby is ours!" She sure loves her sister! I love getting on and getting your daily updates. Thanks for sharing!

Yedda said...

I love seeing the videos! She looks like she's exactly where she belongs! Congrats!

shelly said...

This is just so precious to see! What a special little spirit Malia is. I'm so glad that she is home where she belongs. :)

Becki said...

The kids and I are loving the pics and the videos! I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun and really enjoying her!!