Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reflecting

My brain is going at top speed pretty much non stop. It horrible. I want to sit and enjoy some good tv or get through a book without have to reread a page 10 times! So that being said I also am enjoying this time of lots of thinking to reflect. Even though its been 18 months of work really, now that we are at the end of the line it seems to have not been that long.
Last night I was writing in my journal and was all of a sudden struck with thoughts of Malias bio-mom. My heart ached for her and the thought of her hurting on the anniversary of her having to give up her baby. What a strong women she is and her family for realizing what was best for sweet San-hui. We know her mothers back story and why she was unable to care for Malia and I believe this knowledge will one day comfort and help Malia greatly. Her family really did make a very tuff decision but a very good one. I hope that her mother is well and healthy and knows how much Malia is being loved. I often wonder if she ever goes by Holt to see if Malia is still there or if she knows that she is about to leave her birth country. I hope she will be or is happy with the path Malia is taking.
Now that we are pretty much 48 hours away.. HOLY CRAP 48 hours!! From getting our sweet baby girl I cant stop picturing what those first few days will be like and all the firsts we will get to experience with her. I cant wait to dress her up, I cant wait for her to fall asleep on me, I cant wait to see her and Maddie holding hands and walking, I cant wait to see Kaden trying to get her to giggle, I cant wait to see Rich get tears in his eyes at the first look of seeing his daughter.
I have been very touched by our friends and family and the excitement they have had for us. I have received the sweetest most thoughtful gifts from close friends to sisters of friends and far away friends. Yesterday we got 2 letters in the mail from my grandma and one was a Birthday card for Malia with $2 that she sends all the grandkids and 1 was for Rich and I with a congrats and a thank you for giving them another great grand child.. and $10 lol that cracked me up! Tamis sis sent the softest crib sheet yesterday also so I washed it and I just know Malia will love snuggling with it.... Heck I want to sleep on it!! Hannah wanna buy me one lol! I have had offers of food and help with Maddie and Kaden to and from school. Its very sweet to have such thoughtful people surrounding us. It makes me so grateful for the church and all that we have because of our faith. I have no doubt that God has played every part in this journey and knew exactly what we needed when we needed it. It has been a humbling and testimony growing trip.
So just 2 days to go and Im still feeling pretty calm, I know that will change probably tomorrow night!! CANT WAIT!!!

2 comments:

tamiz said...

I'm so freakin' excited for you and can't wait to be able to return some of the favors you gave me last year when I had Jude. I couldn't have done it without you and hope I'll be able to repay you! You're an amazing example of faith, patience and perserverance. I'm so glad that you're finally walking into the light at the end of such a long tunnel!!!

Tamara said...

Since you've got one more day - I've tagged you in our blog tag game. Come see on my blog:)