Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


We had a busy but fun Halloween. We started our day by getting the kids ready for school. They both were able to wear their costumes to school so it was a very busy morning for mom. Kaden was a football player... ya big surprise. It was awesome because I didnt have to buy a thing for his costume!! He is so cute in his gear so I was excited that he choose it. Quite a few of his friends from the team wore their uniforms too so it was really neat!

Maddie was a cheer leader. Also super nice because we had bought her cheer uniform for football but figured hey thats a great Halloween costume and she was excited to wear it! She makes the cutest dang cheerleader ever if I do say so myself! She was super excited to get some makeup on and loves mascara!

Maddies party started at 9:50 so I got there and watched her walk through the school for their parade and then recess and then party time. There were different crafts for them to do and Maddie had a blast! After her class was over we headed home where Malia crashed for her nap. And we cleaned house and played for just a little bit before we headed back over to the school for Kadens fun to start. They had made stories about bananas and decorated them so we got to hear the students read their stories... Kadens was very funny and he did a great job! They had an ice cream party and then the whole school had their parade and we all went home! Maddie kept asking if it was night yet cuz she was eagerly waiting to go trick or treating! So when we finally started getting ready she was pretty dang excited!

We revamped their costumes and then got little miss Malia ready. She was the cutest dang kitty and even let me put on some whiskers and a nose! She LOVED her soft chenille costume and when she was crawling around it was so funny, her tail just wriggled! We then headed over and met up with the Zims and did some trick or treating. The kids were so polite and cute and the babies were so well behaved too. We could not have asked for better weather, it was a perfect night!!! We headed home when the kids bags were getting heavy and they didnt seem to mind that we were stopping. We hung out for a little bit and headed home... Malia was sooo ready for bed so I naked her up and she was out like a light. So we had a blast on the Halloween and I am so glad my Malia was here to celebrate with us for this fun night!

Now that the kids are in bed Rich and I get to go through the kids bags and steal all the kids peanut butter treats! There is a good side to their peanut allergies..... though it only comes once a year! LOL Hope you all had a fab Halloween like we did. OOOO one more thing... whats up with the teenage hoochie mommas trick or treating! Hello your too old and stop dressing so GROSS! You can be modest and still be cute! There was a girl about 15 crying about her blisters because of her stripper shoes and all I could think was..... uuuuh DUH! Sorry Im mean, but when the teenagers are racing to the doors in front of the little kids it gets on my nerves!

4 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Your 3 kiddos were just so fun in their costumes! Malia was the cutest little kitty! :)

Anonymous said...

Again, the pictures are priceless. I agree with you about the teen issue. We had only one last night and she was 17! In two months she will be 18. I told her I know she was TOO old for trick-or-treating, so instead of giving her candy I reminded her what night it was and I said "I choose to trick you, so no candy for you!"
Love, Duhmomma/Karen

Sharon said...

Okay, I was going to make a comment about your awesome kids and their costumes...BUT....I got side-tracked with the teenage hoochies! LOL. WHERE did they all come from? I had groups of 10-20 at a time...Never saw them before in the 4 years we have been here. They were all wearing all of the comstumes I see (and have some) at the bars/clubs except they were high school age. Gross.

Tirsa said...

Cute kiddos and I agree with your hoochie mama comments. Seriously, where are their parents when they are getting dressed?