Sunday, October 12, 2008

The BEST Sunday update ever!

Malia is doing awesome! I have nothing but good news to report. I think she is adjusting and bonding so well! I know we have a ways to go but I really feel like she is loving us and trusting us more and more each day! We havent had any melt downs.. except for last night when she wanted to wake up after only being asleep for less than 2 hours and we didnt agree... other than that she only fusses when we wipe her nose and if shes hungry or tired and even then there is never a melt down.. except the wiping she is soo sick of us and her poor nose is finally not running constant!

Kaden and Maddie are doing awesome too! I think the adjustment for Kaden hasnt been hard at all, he loves his sister loves to play with her and feed and even helped bath her! Maddie has been doing great to though we have noticed the need for attention at certain times but really that isnt to much different than what happens regularly. They will fight over who gets to comb her hair or get a diaper, Im trying to enjoy that because I know it wont last to long.

Rich and I just cant believe how well things are going. I think the excellent care she got and love she had has helped but Im still glad (and I know this will sound weird) to see that she is a little guarded other wise I would be worried that she wasnt bonding, the fact that she is getting better each day and giving us more or her each day is a great sign but still good that she didnt just start loving us all at once.... hope that makes sense. Lately I have noticed that she will be playing and all of a sudden look for me in the room and make eye contact then keep playing.. good sign!!

Again we are feeling so blessed and have really appreciated everyones support and understanding!

1 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

So, so sweet I cried.