Friday, November 14, 2008

Post Placement, Piercing and Posting OH MY!


Yep we are mean bad parents but OMGosh how cute is she in earrings!!! Feel free to leave your a bad parent comments but Ill just delete them HAHAHA!! 1st just let it be said that she cried for like 3.4 seconds and I think it was mostly the holding her head still that bothered her.... I gave her a sucker sat in the chair and boy was she happy with that! The lady (who I questioned for like 5 minutes about her skills and how long she has been doing this) was very sweet and fast. Malia didnt even notice the 1st one and then on the second I think she mostly didnt want me to hold her head anymore. It all took about 1 minute and she got another sucker and was pleased as punch! I have to say she looks darling and LOVES jewelry!!
So with the post placement, we had our 1st post placement visit today. It went really well. Our social worker was very pleased and I think shocked with how well Malia is doing. She kept telling us how smart we are for all the time we have taken with not letting anyone else hold or play with her! We really had nothing we could complain about or ask advise about. The transition has been so smooth and she is just such a sweet and loving baby that we just feel so very blessed! I wrote a letter to her caregivers that Holt will send updating them on Malias progress. I also put together a bunch of photos for them and Holt. We are supposed to send at least 6 but I sent over 20... Geeze I just couldnt choose there were so many cute ones! So whewww that ones over now we have 2 more visits before we are done and then we will go to court and finalize what we already know to be true!
Ok so then posting... I am selling some shoes and clothing that I had bought for Malia but was to small for her. Of course there is some pretty darling things... I think! If you are interested let me know and I will send you the link. Most the things are 3-6 months... there are some NIB pedipeds size 0-6 months that I LOVE but had to buy larger sizes for Malia.
Anyways it was a fun day... well sad and we kept almost backing out of the whole ear piercing but I read an article a long time ago that babies that get their ears pierced are like 90% less likely to get infections and not be called boys LOL!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the earrings! So cute..just like her big sis Maddie! :) So glad the post placement went great!

Kris said...

I of course am interested in the clothes. :) Those earrings are adorable!

Sharon said...

You are such a terrible mom....for not posting MORE cute pics of the big event! I loved watching that slide show. So cute!

Erica said...

So cute that little girl with earrings! I have always said that if I have a girl- I'll be doing the same thing. I know Kris would love some new PINK things!!!

Tirsa said...

oh, she looks cute with some bling!

shelly said...

Cute! When Roxy was a baby I thought it was mean but now she is 11 and is terrified of needles and will probably never get her ears pierced. Now I think it is better to do it when they won't even remember...

Becki said...

Holy cow, I haven't been on here in a few days and look at all I've missed. Yeah for earrings! I've been trying to decide if I should get Ciara's done. I don't know if she would sit still enough for it. Maybe you should come out and help me!!!!