Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Confessions of a soccer mom

I have always taken great pride in having a clean car. Im pretty strict when it comes to food and drinks in the car. (ya Im that mom) There are seasons like football where junk starts to pile up and grass and dirt builds up on the floor but for the most part usually whenever someone gets in my car they always comment how clean it is... I like that. I like having a clean car.
WELL since little miss has been home it has been a slippery slope to soccer mom style. OMGosh my floor has been covered in squished puffs, raisins, cheerios, and any other snack that keeps her happy for 5 weeks now. And of course when you have a baby there just isnt the time to take that 5 minutes or even 1 minute to brush stuff out. If we are in the car for more than 5 minutes and Malia is done with the car seat she enjoys some snacks from her cup but then when she is done she starts throwing them everywhere. Also when I take her out of her seat about half the snacks start falling everywhere. Yesterday I was so embarrassed I finally cleaned the car. I couldnt believe how much crap the vacuum found. YIKES! BUT I will say I much rather have a messy car than not have my sweet girl happy!
Yesterday while I was making dinner Maddie started sharing marshmellows with Malia... well when I finally put down the knife and took a peak at sweet baby girl this is what I found...

She was COVERED! And OOO so happy! Now for those of you who know me well know that I avoid messes especially with babies. I will feed her forever just to keep from having her messy but it was pretty dang cute seeing her covered in white.

Well then I saw the table and chairs OMGosh they were covered too!

I couldnt get a good photo because she was moving so fast on her sugar high! She sure did love Maddie though for sharing some awesome treats!

Now here is where my confession comes in... yes Im sharing the haul my vacuum got yesterday. Can you say HOLY CRAP! Thats a LOT of junk. Granted the first inch or two was from the house but the rest of that was found in my car and in Malias and Maddies car seats. Ya time to lay down the law again!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ummmm, yeah - that's us too. Anything to keep Rory happy in the car seat!

Unknown said...

Is this when I get to request a bowl of M&M's with all the brown ones removed. ha ha. just kiddin. The only thing I might like to have handy that I can't bring with me is a step stool or small ladder. I usually bring those on shoots. I am so excited to meet you guys and take pictures somewhere new!

Tirsa said...

It is so hard to keep a clean car with little ones. I am constantly driving and throwing snacks back to try to keep them happy. Then, I get home with a dozen grocery bags, get the kids inside, change diapers, feed kids, get one down for a nap, return phone calls...and never get back out to the car to clean up! I bet my vacuum haul could top yours but...I know you aren't surprised by that little confession! :)