Friday, June 6, 2008

1 year but going on 8 months

Today Malia is 8 months! I cant believe Im going to be getting an almost 1 year old. It kind of scares me. I really wanted a little one that was pretty unmobile so that I could carry her around and do the bonding that will be much needed, but when she gets here Im sure she will be wanting down quite a bit. According to babycenter.com she should be getting ready to crawl, I know a few weeks ago she was creeping so who knows if by now she is a full blown crawler, is it horrible to hope not?? Also she might be waving.. awww I love seeing those chubby little hands when they first get the wave down, its more of a flap but I love the excitement on their faces when they wave!
So happy 8 months baby girl! Its hard to believe that its really been a year since we went to the first adoption meeting and really decided that yes we wanted to adopt! That means a year of constant research and checking on the internet... yes I have been glued to my computer hoping to hear or learn anything regarding adoption. I still am amazed at how we found Malia, and how it all just came together. Im so greatful to God and his patience with us constantly wanting things quicker and faster. I knew that it would all come together at the right time and the right place but at times my Faith struggled. But now I am amazed and feel so blessed to have gone through the struggles that we have, my testimony has truely grown!
Today to celebrate her 8 whole months of life we did a little more shopping... I know I know shocking! I was a little sad to find that I was completely out of white and pink hangers and had to use one of Kadens old blue ones. LOL its rediculous how full her closet is!
Malia my dear sweet baby, we cant wait to have you home, to squeeze and kiss and love on you. We pray that you are healthy and feeling the love and prayers we are sending your way.

1 comments:

Tirsa said...

I think all of the pain and struggle you have gone through to get her will make having her all the more wonderful and joyful. Ez isn't even creeping. Malia is doing so great developmentally even though I know you don't want to be missing any of it! Hope she gets home soon!