Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Of Urgent Matter...

As some as you know and some of you don't, the adoption situation in Vietnam is very scary right now. There have been changes made that were supposed to make adoption safer for orphans and also for the adoptive families. This is not what has happened. Processes that were supposed to take maybe 60 days to complete have now turned into 60-90 WORKING days.
While all of this is happening there are thousands of babies laying on hard mats in a cold orphanage with not enough medical support and not enough food to sustain these little ones. 12 babies have recently died from not getting the simple medical attention they should have. I am fighting back tears as I think of my little one who may or may not be born yet, that she will be stuck in an orphange for several more months than necessary. There are many many families that got referrals in and around October and should have been able to travel and now are still waiting to go get their little ones. Rather than picking up a 3 month old they are hoping to get them at least before their 1st birthdays.
Not only is this sad for the families but its completely COMPLETELY heartbreaking to think of these babies still being in an orphanage when they have a warm house, food, medical, and family waiting for them here.
Well I have been asked by quite a few of you what you can do to help and I finally have an answer. We need to all get involved, we need to save the lives of Gods children. I want to be able to bring my baby home and see and read the stories of all these other families bring their babies home.
Heres what you do. Go to this website and click on how to help. There will be 3 different letters that you can easily print off or at least give you ideas of what to write and please send it to your State Rep. There is even a link where you can find names and addresses to your State Rep.
I will be sending letters along with Rich and anyone I can find to help.
I appreciate all the support that my friends and family have given me and now we have an opportunity to make a change by bombarding congress, if thats how we need to do it WE WILL!!
Thank you so much, all of us in the Vietnam Adoption Comunity appreciate the time you will spend by mailing off this letter.
Love,
Kris

5 comments:

Haley L said...

Consider it done! I'm having my mom do it as well. She basically lives down at the Capitol this time of year with her job and knows many of the senators, so I'll have her hand-deliver hers. Maybe you can call this "Project Avalanche" to see just how many letters can be sent!

tamiz said...

DONE!

Tirsa said...

I will do this too! Thanks for making it so easy with the link.

Erica said...

I will print them off and do it too. Thanks for letting us get involved!!

Jeff and Valerie said...

Absolutely will get this done!