Friday, February 22, 2008

A Scouty New Year


To celebrate the scouts organizations birthday we have what we call the Blue and Gold banquet. This year the theme was Chinese New Year, I was excited about anything asian. So the father and sons had to decorate a cake ALL by themselves for the evening and Rich and Kaden did a great job! They decorated a chinese dragon and it ended up super cute!











Kaden got a couple of awards during the evening along with 20+ other boys and boy was it a LONG evening.


Isnt he a cute little fella! I cant believe how quickly he is growing up and becoming really a great little dude!


After the evening was over I cant even tell you how glad I was to have it over! As a scout leader there is a lot of effort put in to get an evening like that going. And I think we did a pretty good job and the boys had a ton of fun!

4 comments:

tamiz said...

You guys did an awesome job on the cake and the whole banquet! Very impressed. I'm requesting a new video for your blog... Madison singing the Alicia Keys song again now that she's well!

Haley L said...

I heard the banquet was amazing. Wish we hadn't needed to make an untimely departure. My hat's off to all you ladies in your scout uniforms!!

Unknown said...

The cake is super cute! Love the orange slices for feet. Did your family get to eat some of this cake too? Looks yummy!

Jeff and Valerie said...

That is one super-duper cake. I bet it tasted great!