Sunday, February 24, 2008

The DREADED gray hair!

I have never been afraid of aging I actually have been excited about it. For me almost getting to 30 seems like such an accomplishment and I cant wait to be 30-something. The only thing that I have dreaded was gray hair! After (and sorry for outing you Bec) hearing my sister has found some gray hairs last year I freaked out! I do NOT want gray hair, for whatever reason it bothers me. I color my hair regularly so it wont matter to much, but with the whole aging thing this is the only thing that I am not looking forward to. So imagine my shock when I find not 1 but 2 gray hairs............. and they werent even mine! Thats right people they were Madisons!!! Im not even kidding, a few weeks ago as I was combing her hair after her bath I noticed this wirey little hair poking straight up from on top of her head, and I was shocked that it was either pure white or gray. Then about a week later I found another little hair poking off the side. SHOCK! Am I giving my daughter gray hairs already?? Is she going to be gray buy the age of 10??? Or even 5 YIKES! So last week as this hair was taunting me I grabbed it to take a really close look and pop out it came with NO effort, she didnt even notice. So I studied this sucker and I swear it had to be gray the texture and the color. So Im a little freaked out that my poor daughter is going gray.... am I giving her gray hair? Maybe all my gray hairs are jumping right to her head.... perhaps the adoption is stressing her out too?? Kinda funny and I guess we will see if I finda anymore. BUT if it is stress (LOL) Im feeling like that will go away, our papers finally left San Fran on Friday night and Im hoping that our Dossier will FINALLY get logged in this week! HURRAY

Now this girl has some GREAT hair so Im hoping the gray is a fluke.

3 comments:

tamiz said...

It's a fluke I'm sure! If not, she can just get color every time you do right? There's gotta be a discount for a child's hair color!

Jolayne said...

Did you keep that for her scrapbook? I can just see it now, "And that was my first two gray hairs way back when I was just your size....."

Erica said...

Holy Cow! I don't think that I have ever heard of a grey hair on someone so young. I hope that it is just a fluke!