Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Look ma no hands

So how does one get a nonsticky popsicle stick to stick to ones hand??? O I know puncture it THROUGH your hand. That is what Kaden did last night at scouts.... He was at scouts and I was at my scouts in a different room of the church when Bro Love came in with this boy saying "we have a situation" I was like O shoot whos kid is that?? OOO MINE! Right dark hair O shoot thats my kid. I at first thought O kid what you got hit and then I see a stick poking through his hand. I FREAKED OUT!!! We at first tried to snip some of it off so we could pull it through (it wasnt bleeding and really looked painful but manangable) but I decided to just get him to urgent care. He did not look good and I thought he was going into shock. So we rush and I mean SPED through town I went over 60 in a 45 OOOPS! Meanwhile he is shaking and taking jiberush and as white as he can get... And got there, they were closed but still had a door open and when the receptionist saw him she said O Ill be right back. We waited awhile and then was led back to a doc and he took a look and decided he could fix him up.
They put some numming spray on him and cliped the point and pushed it back through the way it came EWWWWWWWWWW. Yes gross, poor kid was not ok with that but still a trooper! And then it was over they cleaned it put some antibacterial on it and a bandaid and off we went.
I have to say thanks to Liz for keeping Maddie at scouts with her that was a HUGE help and thanks to Jeff for helping Kaden out and Alison thanks for the cookies that was so sweet and then everyone else that called to see if he was ok! Other than a cool story to tell and some pics to go along with it, he will be just fine!

Ok the Doc asked if I had a camera to take pics UMMM sure!
ok its hard to see but there is over an inch of stick poking through under the big stick
back at home cleaned up and still a little painful but otherwise fine
when we got home Maddie had made him some cookies and was so worried about him


7 comments:

Brandie Lyon said...

Garrett told me all about it this morning. Christa W. said you had somewhat of a weak stomach. Poor mom!

LaLa said...

Hey....email me lala28@comcast.net

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Oh, my gosh. That would have freaked me out! And, do you ALWAYS have your camera with you? Glad he is o.k.

Angel said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm glad he's ok!

Jeff and Valerie said...

OUCH! Yikes!

Erica said...

Holy Cow! Were you calm? I don't think that I would have been!!

Sharon said...

What a trooper, and do you always have a camera with you? : )