Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Screaming in the New Year!

We had I think the best New Years ever this Year (or last year??) We started the night out by going to my favorite Red Robin!! We met friends of ours there and it was actually pretty empty so it was really nice. We then on our way home decided to go check out some neat Christmas lights that the Zims had told us about on the Harmons street that we missed on Christmas Eve, then went home. Maddie had fallen asleep on the way home so I thought for sure she would stay asleep but noo she woke up wide awake and ready to play! We then sat down for some family fun with the Wii, it has ended up being a great purchase! At 11 O'Clock I couldnt believe the kids were still wide awake, we thought they would pass out and we would have to wake them up right before the ball dropped. So at 5 minutes to 12 we turned on the count down and at midnight we celebrated by screaming our lungs out with Kaden and Madison! It was so fun to have them awake and alert and so excited even though Im sure Maddie had no idea why. As we were sitting there I reflected at how great the moment was.... Im so happy to be in a place in my life where I dont feel the need to go out and party on New Years I was so content just hanging at home with my favorite people and wouldnt have wanted to be anywhere else. It even took Rich and I a few minutes to remember the ritual of the kiss at midnight... how funny is that!






3 comments:

tamiz said...

Glad you had such a good time. We had a nice evening at home too. The older boys actually stayed up til midnight this year (So did Caleb and I... first time in like 5 years). Weren't those lights awesome? They had some serious blow/light up toys. That was the boys favorite house. Glad NYE wasn't too late for you to see them too!

Jolayne said...

I only wish that I could stay up until midnight.

Sharon said...

The only reson I was up at midnight was because people on our street woke Linhsey up ; ) Sounds like you had a blast.