Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Comedic Ugly Cry Kinda Day

I will start by saying it was a very good day! Though it was an early morning... we had to wake up around 6:15 so that we could leave by 7:10 for Kadens B-ball game today. It has been such a better season this year mostly because of the coaching and the boys skills being so much better. But today the refs were soooo horrible and unexperienced it went from madning to comical. These poor refs obviously didnt know much about basketball because the only calls they made were out of bounds and they didnt even call those everytime... one time the ref handed the ball back to the boy who knocked it out and the game just kept going. I ended up not really getting any video because my jaw was on the floor the whole game just waiting for a brawl between the boys having no direction from the refs.
So that was a fun or funny start to the morning, it was nice that we still one the game! So the ugly cry part of my day was when a very Awesome friend of mine (you know who you are) came by to deliver a wonderful gift for Malia. I was so touched and surprised that try as I might I busted out into the ugly cry. You know the cry.... the one when you try to hold back so bad that your face ends up all squished and pulled and just funny and then the uncontrolable tears come and the voice wont leave your throat... ya that one....I feel continuely blessed by having such great friends that seem to have almost as much invested into getting Malia home as we do. So I have to say thank you publicly without naming names or saying what the gift was, as I know how embarrassed they would be. I dont know the dictionary definition for Friendship but Im quite sure I saw it in all its glory today and it left me feeling so.... whats a good word????? sooo touched, full, glowing, (but better). We are truely blessed!

Maddie and Silas listening to some tunes during the game. SO CUTE!
We topped off our good day with a movie and popcorn, cuddled with blankets and pillows!
Maddie didnt quite make it to the end of the movie and fell asleep before 6 in a very comfortable position, and even though we kept trying to wake her up it never happened.... guess she had a great fulfilling day too! So I will end this blog filling full and again with some ugly cry just waiting to bust out again just thinking about it all.

6 comments:

tamiz said...

I was lol-ing about the game all over again! How about those refs in the skin tight shirts. They need to maybe consider rejoining the chess club! We can't wait for you to bring Malia home!

Kris said...

I wanted to see video just to hear parents screaming at the refs! Did you keep composed? I would have lost it...ya know...me and my screaming.

I'm not surprised you have such great friends. It's because you are a great one yourself!

Erica said...

Seriously- I showed my video of screaming- however mine was at my son not the ref!?

You are the greatest, and we are all waiting for Malia!!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a great friend. Ever laugh so hard it turns into a full fledge crying episode? Yep, I'm gulity.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Oh, now we are all dying to know what the gift is!

I agree with Kris...you have great friends because you are a great friend!

Elizabeth said...

I agree also with Kris, that you too are a super great friend, don't know what I would do without you...can't wait to hold Malia...if that is ok! :)

Guess I have a lot to look forward to in Basketball! Whoohoo