Monday, January 7, 2008

Adoption Update

Hey all I have been asked a few times this last week how the adoption is going and this is really the easiest way to keep you all informed....
We had been thinking we would get a referral by March but because of laws changing etc families have been pushed back that are infront of us so of course that means we to are pushed back. This means a referral could come closer to the end of spring beginning of summer. I am just hoping that we will travel to get our dear sweet Malia during summer and no later.
While this news of being pushed back is hard, I have every confidence and have had the comfort of the HG to acknowledge my feelings that the timing will be good, that all is happening as it should and we WILL bring home our baby girl!
So while often I find myself getting a little sad or down that things have taken longer than expected (even with my own time delayed I allowed myself) I pull myself right back up and feel joy that we are even able to adopt and it will happen even if it is later rather than sooner.
So stick with me and thanks for your continued support, we love and appreciate you all!
This will be the longest pregnancy ever but what is more worth the time spent in wonder, worry, and excitement, O and more worry! It is going to be the best experience bringing that little princess home.

9 comments:

Jolayne said...

You have a great attitude. I am not good at waiting and being patient.

Jolayne said...

Thanks for your comments about the class. I am truly enjoying this calling which is a surprise to me. The missionary spirit is amazing to experience.

Kris said...

Love you Kris! You guys continue to be in our prayers.

Elizabeth said...

I too have faith that the time will come for your dear little precious Malia will come to your family!! We all just can't wait, and keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers. love you guys!!

tamiz said...

Too bad you're not bringing home two. Then you could've considered the time like two pregnancies long. JK I can't imagine how frustrateing the open ended dates must be. I feel for you and am praying for you too.

tamiz said...

Love the new layout!!

Brandie Lyon said...

I will be willing to help take care of your kids when the time comes for you to leave! You should let them come to my house occasionally, so they would be use to me and my house, if the time comes and you do need me.

Erica said...

Hey- umm... You know it is long but never underestimate the power of the Lord. If you are to get that little girl sooner rather than later it WILL happen. Even though it is so hard, remember that things happen in the Lord's time and when He's ready not when we are. That little spirit is waiting on you and waiting to be in your home as much as you are waiting for her!!

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Oh, I so know what it is like to have a VERY LONG (like 2 years) pregnancy! But, the reward is so sweet that when you have her home, you'd wait it all over again if that is the only way you could get your sweet Malia in your arms. I can't wait for you to be a new mommy again!!!