Wednesday, January 16, 2008

10 years baby yeah baby yeah

Ok NO laughing it was the 90's baby!!


There was this guy hanging out with my sister one day and I thought boy is he gross.... he had his shirt unbuttoned and man was he hairy. Flash to another year at my sisters house same guy same hairy chest but man a little more good looking and I knew I wanted to catch his attention....I DID!! It ended with a invite for a repelling date (no really we went repelling off a mountain) that he stood me up on, came the next day and decided hes certainly cute but older but HOT STUFF! He was in the army so we wrote letters back and forth and after being great friends decided to be more. Now almost 12 years later we are celebrating our 10th anniversary!!! Im so excited to have accomplished this and yes I consider it an accomplishment. In my family making it past 8 years is huge. I happen to still love the guy too. He still manages to make me laugh and cry and all those good things. He is a great dad and very supportive husband. He has been great during this adoption process and I know will be wonderful with Malia. So thanks hon for 10 great years and 50+ more!!

Arent we still so Cute





7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I was thinking of you today! Love the pic! I too have a 90's dress similar! You Two are the perfect exaple of LOVE....happy day!

Erica said...

Who knew that things looked so bad only ten years ago?! J/K- I think that this is pretty cool. It's awesome to have such neat friends who are celebrating so many years together. I too think that this is a huge accomplishment, by the worlds standards, it's not often that coupls make it ten years. CONGRATS!!!

alison said...

Congratulations!! Yes, you two are adorable together.

But I'm so glad you've ditched the headband look. :)

erinlo said...

AHH! Yes- ya'll are cute! What a sweet post.

So I found my way over here through Tami Z. and I am just so excited for your adoption. What a fun time. Well, I know it's not THAT fun right now. I know the wait gets so so hard. I am praying for you- that the Lord will give you peace right now.

I'm sure you already have an awesome adoption support network- but just in case- my email is erin76@juno.com- email anytime.

God bless you!

LaLa said...

Happy Anniversary....super sweet and cute : )

Jolayne said...

Congratulations! And yes, you are still so cute.

Blaine and Tirsa said...

Oh, I LOVE the pics! You guys are so adorable (then and now) and I think you guys have an awesome friendship and marriage! Keep doing what you are doing and you guys will make it 50-60 more years!!!